Was CH Horsham Designed to Be Gay?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: Was CH Horsham Designed to Be Gay?

Post by englishangel »

CHAZ wrote:Ow come on gals there must be something "wild" that happened at hertford. Can't believe that tehre isn't a feminine version of helicopters. the biscuit game may be a bit more tricky...aaaaaaaaaHHHH.

Nothing at all???
Feminine version of helicopters????? what do you think we wore, tassels? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Tassels with bells for sound effect! :lol:
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Oh Dear ! (In the nicest possible sense ) I have just read, again, Spoonbill's original treatise and some of the responses - including my own.
I now realise that all the talk of Rugby, Boxing and Breeding prowess , is designed to conceal an inner, supressed, longing.
How repressed I must have been, all these years, and didn't know it !
I should, in my parlous state, be grateful for any avuncular advice, from the experts who have posted their opinion ---
At the age of 80 -- am I too late to change ?
I must confess that, with regard to the previous accomplishments, I am working from a fast fading Memory !
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

It was when I was an eleven year old in 1's - then still a Junior House.

I distinctly remember hearing a murmuring of a member of the L1V to a member of the 111rd Form. In the cloakroom, by the washbasins! Oh, it's coming back to me now! A furtive look around - lowered tones -

"Do you want to ....?"

Now, I had never heard this word before, and I slunk away, pondering. It had to mean something very risqué. Otherwise, why were they being so furtive? :shock: ! And the word had sounded... bad! Was it?

The 111rd Former had responded with a conspiritorial look. As if I hadn't got enough to worry about, what with my failure to scrub the baths with Gumption to the high standards demanded by the fearful Millie, and Miss Champion bound to be in a bad mood for Geogo. It was all a bit much. What were the L1V member and the 111rd Former planning to do together?

Did they? :wink:

The biscuit game! In my early years, biscuits were unavailable. Deprived of MacVities Digestives by the biscuit free regime, I would have been thrilled to encounter one. Especially with butter, which was supplied only in a pat at teatime from a tin plate. Although, to comply with the requirements that Alan remembers, the marge, laced with cod liver oil would probably have been more effective.

Wouldn't it be loadsa fun if you boys had a Helicopters Reunion as an Old Blues activity next summer? An opportunity to become the new Champion in one, or even all of the three major categories! I insist on presenting the prizes. :lol:

But "Christenings" Sean....
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Wouldn't it be loadsa fun if you boys had a Helicopters Reunion as an Old Blues activity next summer? An opportunity to become the new Champion in one, or even all of the three major categories! I insist on presenting the prizes. :lol:

But "Christenings" Sean....[/quote]

:oops: :oops: :oops: Angela....careful now. The moderators will be out as this is starting to HOT up!!!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Oh!

I do apologise to all. That's my one and only even remotely suitable story for "Designed to be Gay?"! Moderate me if necessary!

Otherwise, we led very respectable cloistered lives, honestly! :roll:
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

CHAZ wrote:
Chrissie Boy wrote:(coughs politely)

Still none the wiser re. soggy biscuits and helicopters over here.

Will someone please spell it out for the benefit of the old and feeble?

And did this sort of thing (whatever it is) go on as a mainstream activity or was it for connoisseurs of depravity only?

This may be censored but what the hell... :oops:

Helicopters.... grabbing ones fish and tackle and rotating at great sped like a helicopter
There are obviously many versions of "helicopter" as the one I have seen involves drinking alcohol to the point of regurgitating, then bent at the waist with arms out, like a helicopter, whirling around with disastrous consequences.
At least 2 recommendations, 1) Don't try it out, it is for the nearly insane and does nothing to clear the head, and 2), if you see someone performing, don't stand too close.

Regrettably it is seen at many international Hash House Harrier events.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Sadly, John, this more civilised version is not the CH one!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

jhopgood wrote: There are obviously many versions of "helicopter" as the one I have seen involves drinking alcohol to the point of regurgitating, then bent at the waist with arms out, like a helicopter, whirling around with disastrous consequences.
At least 2 recommendations, 1) Don't try it out, it is for the nearly insane and does nothing to clear the head, and 2), if you see someone performing, don't stand too close.

Regrettably it is seen at many international Hash House Harrier events.
and on Club 18-30 holidays
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

[
and on Club 18-30 holidays[/quote]

Still trying to go on 18-30 Club holidays are we, Angela?! :lol:
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

englishangel wrote:and on Club 18-30 holidays
No, no CHAZ; you're confusing me with Mary - see above! Obviously, Mary is getting away with Club 18-30 regularly - fabulously youthful!

Although it's not so long since a patient asked me if I were planning to leave my mummy and daddy soon to get married.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Angela Woodford wrote:Although it's not so long since a patient asked me if I were planning to leave my mummy and daddy soon to get married. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Working on the geriatrics ward again, Angela?? :shock: :lol: :lol:
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Angela Woodford wrote:
englishangel wrote:and on Club 18-30 holidays
No, no CHAZ; you're confusing me with Mary - see above! Obviously, Mary is getting away with Club 18-30 regularly - fabulously youthful!

Although it's not so long since a patient asked me if I were planning to leave my mummy and daddy soon to get married.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Perfect...there's only a year that seperates you so I guess you can both go on the 18-30 Club thing but I would have tought SAGA was more appropriate....OUCH OUCH :axe:
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

There speaks a man who likes to live dangerously :lol: :lol:

And one who doesn't realise just how quickly the years go by....I'm still 21 in my head and when I remind myself that was 30 years ago, I find myself asking "no....how did that happen?" :? :shock:
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

I was at Saga's head office this morning!

Memorable overheard statement:
We're trying to make all of the little Sagas into one big Saga!
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02