Weddings...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Re: Weddings...

Post by Ajarn Philip »

kerrensimmonds wrote:What make of puppy, Philip? Can you post a picture? AAhhh!
I'm in technophobe mode, unfortunately, but I'm sure a photo or two will crop up shortly (after the wedding, if not before!). She's mostly black, with brown paws, no more than a month old, but afraid of nothing and bouncing around all over the place. Sort of like a small black husky. As far as her breed is concerned I'm told that she's half Thai/half 'farang', which (very) basically means that her mother was a domestic pet who got shagged by a soi dog ('soi' is Thai for street). As soon as she's old enough, she'll be having the op.

We've gone from no dogs ('let's wait til we get our own place built, my sweet little papaya') to two in the space of a few weeks. Can't believe I waited so long. And it's so much easier here, as they live outdoors (astonishingly, I've seen some dogs wearing 'jackets' during the 'winter' when the temperature can drop as low as 20C here at night...). And eat rice. :shock: Our adopted Breton terrier wouldn't touch a juicy plate of Pedigree Chum - I wouldn't mind, but it cost more than a large steak!
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

kerrensimmonds wrote:What make of puppy, Philip? Can you post a picture? AAhhh!
Kerren, check out the 'Just a glimpse' thread. :D
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

Hi,

If anyone is having a wedding and is looking for a photographer, a guy I know who is a Senior Art designer for a company in london is willing to do some for free, to get his portfolio up to scratch due to the credit crunch at the moment, he needs a second job but is willing to do some for free.

Let me know if your interested and I can get him to give you a call.

Cheers
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Well.. er um.. will he go to Thailand at his own expense...?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

Haha, urm not sure he will :-) Was thinking more S.E and London but can find out how far he is willing to travel :-)
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Ajarn Philip wrote: I'm in technophobe mode, unfortunately, but I'm sure a photo or two will crop up shortly (after the wedding, if not before!). She's mostly black, with brown paws, no more than a month old, but afraid of nothing and bouncing around all over the place.
I'm just catching up after a weekend away, and went straight to the last page of the thread to read the new postings, as I normally do. So, with no prior context, I read the above with some surprise, thinking to myself that, last time I remembered, Philip was planning to marry the very beautiful Mrs Ajarn. I wondered why a small canine bride had apparently been substituted at the last moment. :shock: :shock:

Thankfully, I flicked back a page and filled in the gaps......phew, no need to worry after all. All safe with the lovely Mrs Ajarn, and a cute new addition to the household :D :D
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

well friday was the first of 4 wedding Im attending this year, and thats not including my own!!! It was a fantastic day/evening, credit to the bride her seating plan was very good our table were brill what a laugh.
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

All this talk of Weddings makes me quite nostalgic --- I've had two of my own--- the first, of 20 years, and two Children was to a Model , who found some one prettier than I
The second of 33 years no Children -- but 4 Grandchildren,2 G G Children with corresponding Weddings------ AAAAH !
is a Nurse --- change of Priorities !
Have you noticed that the Bridegroom's Mother wears Purple ? :oops: :lol:
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Over to Thailand!

Post by Angela Woodford »

I was thinking like mad of Philip and the radiant Mrs Ajarn on The Day!

28th March! The monks will have done their stuff -

Many congratulations! Mwah! Mwah! Hoping you will be very very happy!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Thanks, Angela, we had a wonderful day! Full story and some photos in due course...
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Glad to see that all went well. Pictures SOON please.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Ooooh yes, I'm sorry I'd forgotten it was so soon. Glad it went well, and likewise will be really interested to see pics
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:10 pm
Internetting?? :?:
On your honeymoon?? :oops:
Were you sent out to walk the puppy and netted on your Crackberry?? :idea:

Add my apologies to Jo's Prof U, have no idea where March went, mucho congrats and looking forward to the snaps, here or on FB - :lol: !!

BRs
Gerrie
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

blondie95 wrote:well friday was the first of 4 wedding Im attending this year, and thats not including my own!!! It was a fantastic day/evening, credit to the bride her seating plan was very good our table were brill what a laugh.
That is not the way to find out what marriage is all about, Amy! (and I doubt himself will be all done up in a silk suit with mandarin collar either)
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

well 5.5mths to the big day....and i have found an enormous plus to being redundant-lots more time to focus on wedding planning!!!! The dress should arrive soon at the shop, its been so long since i saw it im itching to go and see it again and put it on :)
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/