Do parents know about this forum?

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Re: Do parents know about this forum?

Post by huggermugger »

Am quite sure there are venerable OB's & Members of Staff (no doubt equally venerable) who are much better placed than me who can do the deed. Please?
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Haha, I'll give it a go! Just drop it into conversation :D
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Yay! Go Eruresto!!! :D

(Let us know what he says... and don't say it was our idea!)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

huggermugger wrote:Right -oh; will bring it up next time we share a sherry :yawinkle:
Is everyone invited to these soirees? Or is it by invite only? I don't like sherry, could I have a g+t?
eagerdad
2nd Former

Post by eagerdad »

Well I will be telling every parent I meet in May on New Entrants Day! Perhaps JT could lurk at the railway station with flyers for the site. :lol:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

eagerdad wrote:Well I will be telling every parent I meet in May on New Entrants Day! Perhaps JT could lurk at the railway station with flyers for the site. :lol:
Good idea, let's spread the word! We'll get JT a sandwich board made, he can give out his flyers, and we'll get him a megaphone too :)
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

For all that hard work, I think he'd deserve a sandwich as well as a sandwich board!
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Maybe there will be refreshments at huggermugger's soiree!
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

huggermugger wrote:Am quite sure there are venerable OB's & Members of Staff (no doubt equally venerable) who are much better placed than me who can do the deed. Please?

Hmmmm, well, I'm far from venerable, but if you think that an aussie accent might make him more amenable ............................... :lol:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

It's worth a try! If you're willing to give it a go. :wink:
thriftymatron
3rd Former

Post by thriftymatron »

I only joined recently, although I had known of its existence for years, following a discussion at school about what information parents might want to have available on the school website (which is currently being reviewed for an update). When I read some of the posts I felt compelled to take part, especially as I have been on both sides of the fence - parent and staff.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

thriftymatron wrote:following a discussion at school about what information parents might want to have available on the school website (which is currently being reviewed for an update).
So do you think there's a chance there might be a link to this forum from the school website when it is updated?
thriftymatron
3rd Former

Post by thriftymatron »

lonelymom wrote:
thriftymatron wrote:following a discussion at school about what information parents might want to have available on the school website (which is currently being reviewed for an update).
So do you think there's a chance there might be a link to this forum from the school website when it is updated?
I don't think so but I can ask.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

The forum was pretty controverial when it was launched. If you look back to some of the very earliest posts, you may find some of them.
I had a few discussion/battles to overcome - initially the forum was blocked by CH's content filters, and hence Deps/Grecians couldn't access it. I was told confidently by an influencial Almoner that it would never succeed, we'd never engage with the any of the pupils, and that we'd never overcome any of the child-protection concerns! Putting in place the "over 16s" policy solved that one, and the rest is history!

I'm keen it remain "unofficial" - but there's nothing to stop us have new sections which are more closely linked to the school, provided the overall independence is maintained. Any new ideas are very welcome.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I looked on the school website for the school forum but couldnt find it - assumed it was me as the website isnt the easiest to use so Googled and found this - by far the most useful source of support and info I have found - in fact, would be lost without it!

The more that join the stronger it will get.

Why can't we get something in the school newsletter about it? Personally I think the head and governors would appreciate an open forum - especially when they can lurk incognito!