New sports kit list

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Re: New sports kit list

Post by Barnes Mum »

lonelymom wrote:
Oh, and the Kukri man was very helpful (and also young, fit and good-looking :yawinkle: )
Behave yourself Lonelymom! :lol:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Sorry. Couldn't help myself :oops:

(but he was gorgeous!)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

lonelymom wrote:
(but he was gorgeous!)
I saw that small print! :lol: Naughty :lol:
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

All this is (Naturally) mystifying to me --- however, I strikes me that it would be a good thing, of "New" Parents were informed of this Forum -- rather than chancing upon it -- or getting to know from other Parents.
Over the time, when I have been reading it, there has been excellent information available.
Should not the School be advising the "New" Parents of its existence ? Or is that Heresy ?
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Barnes Mum wrote:
lonelymom wrote:
(but he was gorgeous!)
I saw that small print! :lol: Naughty :lol:
Me? Naughty? No! I just know a good thing when I see it :D
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote: Over the time, when I have been reading it, there has been excellent information available.
Should not the School be advising the "New" Parents of its existence ? Or is that Heresy ?
To answer your questions in the order in whch they were posed:

Absolutely. So It would appear.

Frankly, it's a mystery to me. ( This is, however, :offtopic: - maybe we should start a new one??)
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Ok, I've been looking at this new-fangled list, and I have my suspicions about this.

If your DD/DS is in squad, ignore this post. However, I have spent 7 playing non-squad sport, and I can with 95% confidence say that a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt - or for that matter your house shirt - will do (this is boys games, I don't know about girls but think the equivalent). This whole Kukri thing is all well and good for inter-school games, but for non-squad rugby? Nahmate. I doubt they'll enforce it, I really do. Your best bet (again, boys here, for girls think the equivalent):

Rugby/Football: The blue/yellow reversible tops and/or a house shirt, and a pair of shorts or joggers.
Cricket: Pair of shorts and a white t-shirt.
Athletics ditto.

It is true they're changing things to introduce more sport, but I really don't think they'll enforce this "YOU MUST HAVE KUKRI AND CRESTED STUFF" thing. Just ain't gonna happen.

(don't quote me on this, I'm as unnofficial as the forum)
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

They might enforce it for inspection week.. :) :wink: :wink:
KenHo
3rd Former

Post by KenHo »

We bought all non-Kukri stuff when we visited the school.

Having now seen the Kukri kit, I am very glad we did, and would hope that the school would abandon them as soon as possible. Their clothing appears to have their brand name in a larger font, and more prominently, than the school's crest. It seems that this is normal these days, but not an attitude that I would think is compatable with the ethos of CH. Many of us (perhaps of my age and older?) think the very idea of having a label on the outside of clothes to be at the very least naff, and leaning towards chav. We can hardly complain if a child makes a fuss about getting the "right" pair of £100 training shoes (rather than the 50p plimsols I would have worn at that age) if the school has branded sports kit, can we?

We can hardly also complain about all the good local shops disappearing, to be replaced by monster sized stores with uninterested and unknowledgable staff, if local cloth shops close. Why would I buy a shirt from Kukri, completely on the internet without ever seeing the goods, when I can walk into Broadbridges and have someone serve me (yes "serve" as in service) and give me the right size along with good advice?
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

I think we have to remember that Kukri are sports kit sponsors for CH, and have donated money already for sports kit etc. In the current economic climate CH is looking at ways to raise funds and I suppose this was one of the options. Unless somebody else offers to do the job for nothing (ie no name emblazoned on the kit - unlikely!) I think CH will continue to take Kukri's cash.
fbannabel
2nd Former

Post by fbannabel »

I am very confused about the new sports kit. The website said that we have to order by 21st June (yesterday). However, as I do not know how much my son will grow between now and September, I have not made any orders. The website does not tell me whether I can order at a later date or whether that was a one off?

I have spoken to Matron and she does not know either!

Does anyone else know how we order sports clothes after 21st June?
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

At the New Parents Day I asked whether we would be able to order online in the future (otherwise how do you replace stuff they have grown out of?) and the Kukri guy said yes, probably .....which wasn't especially helpful except I don't think he really knew and as they are new suppliers I just thought they would get it sorted out.

Seems strange they haven't got it sorted out by now.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

When I was at New Entrants Day I asked when the deadline was to place orders and the (very good-looking :) ) man said that in order to guarantee delivery before the start of term the orders had to be placed before 21st June. So, in other words, if you want the kit before September order before 21st June, which will be delivered by 21st August. Oh, and the link is now on the CH site.
fbannabel
2nd Former

Post by fbannabel »

I understand that the 21st June was the deadline to order for September - but what about after that date? There will be lots of parents who did not wish to order before 21st June and the website does not mention anywhere how to order Kukri stuff after the deadline. As I said before, my son is due for a growth spurt shortly and his kit will probably last a bit longer. The Kukri link does not now allow any orders.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

fbannabel wrote: The Kukri link does not now allow any orders.
Oh, I see. Well that's just stupid then, isn't it? If I was you I'd ring the school office and ask them for Kukri's number. If they don't know then they need to find out, don't they?