Bad things you didnt get caught doing (Sausage in Communion)

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

huntertitus
Button Grecian

Bad things you didnt get caught doing (Sausage in Communion)

Post by huntertitus »

There are several things I could recount but the funniest was when I brought a sausage into Communion one Sunday morning. I'd been talking too much during breakfast and so being hungry still I pocketed a sausage to be eaten later. When I took it out for a nibble I suddenly had a brilliant idea. I decided to see if the sausage could do a circuit of the chapel and end up back with me at the end of the service. I passed it to the boy next to me and told him to pass it on and to tell the next person to do the same. Now it was really hilarious to see the look of surprise on the boys face as he received the sausage and you could easily see how far it progressed by the expression on the carriers face. The headmaster and some other teachers knew something was up and scanned the chapel but to no avail. I never did get the sausage back and wonder if there is someone on this forum who can remember passing the sausage or even one who will admit to eating it rather than passing it on. It must have been covered in dusty muck from my pocket and had been handled by scored of boys dirty hands...
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: Bad things you didnt get caught doing (Sausage in Communion)

Post by englishangel »

Eeeurgh, that is disgusting, ..... and hilarious.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

I don't remember doing too much against the 'rules' - although every tiny thing we did seemed SO daring and adventurous. In the first form, a group of us climbed out of the bathroom window onto the roof to retrieve some 'power balls' (those marble-sized rubber balls that bounced phenomenally) in the middle of the night - turned it into a mini midnight feast etc (it was probably closer to 9.30pm - but, hell - it felt late!!). 2nd form, we cut the wires on the dormitory fire escape, so that we could sneak in and out at night - also 'scrumped' apples from DR's garden - then got a HUGE lecture on theft and the road to hell etc. When my year did the St Matthew's Day house entertainment, we did a ghost train in the cellar and had one of those games where you feel objects in the dark and giggle deliciously when you are told that it is someone's 'brains' 'eyeballs' etc Unbeknownst to our victims - we went to the local butcher and obtained cow's lungs, eyeballs, brains etc After all the delighted giggles - we flicked on the cellar lights and everyone saw that they HAD in fact been handling brains/eyeballs etc. Totally gross!! Whatever were we thinking!!
I had been a gymnast before entering CH - and really missed it. So - in my first year, I started my own gym club at CH - and snuck a gaggle of girls into the gym regularly at the weekends and proceeded to teach them vaults/ round-offs etc. How we didn't get busted or have an injury, I'll never know! I think I had quite a bit of spunk when I first arrived - but had definitely lost that after a few years. By the time Lawrence was Housemistress - I just used to help myself to the back gate key and go off for long solitary walks at all hours. I'm pretty sure she knew, but we were close and she was indulgent! Of course there was also the ultimate transgression that almost had me expelled in my last term - but I think that was all hushed up......
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

(Just poured myself some strong tea, and...)

Oh please! The ultimate transgression? Now I'm in agony! Oh, do tell! *makes whimpering noise*

I'm supposed to get my blood pressure rechecked soon. Please - on emergency medical grounds?
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Nah............my lips are sealed. Only Miss Tucker has the power to unlock them!!
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

lonelymom will have to be locked in darkened room when she discovers that all will never be revealed . Not by me anyway Kim... :wink:
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

So you know too, dinahcat!

Haven't I always confessed everything? In fully-frontal frankness? The mean-minded moments? The bitings of barbaric bitterness? What about the time I joined in making Susan Knight an apple-pie salt bed? I still feel the susurration of shame.

Oh... :cry:
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I didn't know about the powerballs, but I think I knew about the fire escape door. The brains etc is hilarious.

The ultimate transgression is probably similar to the one someone in my year in 2's perpetrated (and didn't get caught).
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

dinahcat wrote:lonelymom will have to be locked in darkened room when she discovers that all will never be revealed . Not by me anyway Kim... :wink:
I have no darkened room so.....

Oh pleeeeeeeeeease, Angela and myself are begging, literally begging for more info. You could whisper, or type it in really small letters that nobody will take any notice of :roll: (PLEASE?)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

lonelymom -you have to be a Hertford girl ...chaosriddenyears and I could make your hair stand on end but my daughter who might read this site will want to think of me as a model of good behaviour. She only said to me on the phone tonight 'So, Mum, you must have been at university before you had a boyfriend ..?. And I , of course ,replied, 'Indeed...'. Then the phone went crackily and I am sure we got cut off.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

dinahcat wrote:lonelymom -you have to be a Hertford girl ...chaosriddenyears and I could make your hair stand on end but my daughter who might read this site will want to think of me as a model of good behaviour. She only said to me on the phone tonight 'So, Mum, you must have been at university before you had a boyfriend ..?. And I , of course ,replied, 'Indeed...'. Then the phone went crackily and I am sure we got cut off.
:lol:

But, surely this is exactly the reason that pm's were invented? You could (and should, I'm sure you'll agree?) pm me all the necessary details which, I promise, I will keep close to my heart and never divulge to another human being even under caution! pm is a wonderful thing, and it would be such a shame if we didn't use it, wouldn't it? :wink: You like pm's too, don't you Angela?
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Oh, and dinahcat, I am your glasshopper! (Or have you already forgotten me?) :)
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Talking of things you wouldn't want your daughter to know about...

A picture has been posted on Facebook of MY daughter doing a somersault and forward roll over a bonfire onto gravel at a party.

The caption..?

I wondered why my shoulders were hurting when I sobered up.

I was more worried about her long hair catching fire.
chaosriddenyears
Deputy Grecian

Post by chaosriddenyears »

Kim2s70-77 wrote:Nah............my lips are sealed. Only Miss Tucker has the power to unlock them!!
Ha! It's not only dinahcat who knows!

I was one of the team rescuing those rubber balls by climbing out of the bathroom window onto that stone balcony - it was very exciting!

Kim, was it you who wrote "sausages" or some such word in every sentence in physics prep because rumour had it that the teacher never bothered much about what we wrote? I seem to remember that rumour did not lie on this occasion.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

lonelymom wrote:But, surely this is exactly the reason that pm's were invented? You could (and should, I'm sure you'll agree?) pm me all the necessary details which, I promise, I will keep close to my heart and never divulge to another human being even under caution! pm is a wonderful thing, and it would be such a shame if we didn't use it, wouldn't it? :wink: You like pm's too, don't you Angela?
:D :D :D Of course I like pms. Pms are really nice, and so confidential. It would bring a sunny glow to this poor Old Girl to know that a fellow Old Girl had splendidly and gloriously achieved a spectacular crime. It would mean that I could economise on blusher today. It would bring joy to my twilight years.

Pass me a note in the back row? :shock: