SPEECH DAY

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Re: SPEECH DAY

Post by mvgrogan »

PLEASE move to Finland.... you are just what I need! :lol: :D :lol:
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

WOW! I've just watched the Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes and I'd like to put on record - that is why I am proud to send my DS to CH - this deserves a thread all to itself

And... my DS is in there, so thanks v much for a view of him being rather silly and very obviously enjoying it!

You've made an old (oh alright middle aged) woman very happy... sob... :cry:
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I don't know who edited it but they did a first class job. the dancing was ace too.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

And someone please tell me

a) who are the members of staff
b) how did they persuade them to take part and
c) when are they going to get promotion

:D :D

(Rubbish and very long day at work - logged on here and had my mood instantly changed... should be available on the NHS...
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Oh huggermugger, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Isn't it brilliant? It just makes me smile every time I think about it, it's so lovely to see the kids having such a brilliant time - and what talent!! :)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Go for it Josh. The other two will be down to you too.. I feel it in my bones....................................
(which was the one which wasn't, or don't you want to discuss it?! We've all been there)
German synoptic essay. It was ok as far as it went, but we'd been practising at 250-350 words, and I'd been in the 300s every time. Then open the paper...write between 230 and 250 words. That stung. What was worse is, I didn't notice until I'd finished the essay, and so had to cut loads out...
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Eruresto wrote:
kerrensimmonds wrote:Go for it Josh. The other two will be down to you too.. I feel it in my bones....................................
(which was the one which wasn't, or don't you want to discuss it?! We've all been there)
German synoptic essay. It was ok as far as it went, but we'd been practising at 250-350 words, and I'd been in the 300s every time. Then open the paper...write between 230 and 250 words. That stung. What was worse is, I didn't notice until I'd finished the essay, and so had to cut loads out...
Always read the question first!!!
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Well Mr Howard of Peele B is def in it-he is the one who stand stil for most of it.

Huggermugger which one is your DS?
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

It's fab isn't it?

My daughter is in it quite near the beginning in half housey ... I'd like to say she's doing a sort of limbo but she tells me it's called "Get down low" 8)

Dr Hannavy, Dr Wines, Dr Stuart, Mr Hatton and Mr Howard are all in it!
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

blondie95 wrote:Well Mr Howard of Peele B is def in it-he is the one who stand stil for most of it.

Huggermugger which one is your DS?
Think I might reply to this by PM, as I've put quite a lot of personal stuff on this... (I already embarrass him enough in public) :lol:
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

OH - MY - GOD!!! I don't know how I managed to miss this before, but I've just watched the Peele Festival Heads, Shoulders, etc video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vKe-MUcw0 for anyone who hasn't seen it). Best advert for CH any marketing director could possibly come up with. Brilliant, well done to all (and perhaps especially the members of staff!).

Please keep us up to date on anything similar that crops up on the Internet.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Ajarn Philip wrote:OH - MY - GOD!!! I don't know how I managed to miss this before, but I've just watched the Peele Festival Heads, Shoulders, etc video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vKe-MUcw0 for anyone who hasn't seen it). Best advert for CH any marketing director could possibly come up with. Brilliant, well done to all (and perhaps especially the members of staff!).

Please keep us up to date on anything similar that crops up on the Internet.
Great stuff and good to see a Charlton fan in there!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

And now I've just seen the March Past. Wonderful stuff. With the most humongous amount of respect to Josh for a. filming it and b. posting it on youtube, why on earth doesn't CH make an official website/blog/whatever for this sort of event?

<sigh> I'm off to wallow in nostalgia and sentiment.

P.S. The standard of marching was probably better than it was in the 70s, and particularly good by the girls too.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Mid A 15 wrote:Great stuff and good to see a Charlton fan in there!
Don't you mean "the other Charlton fan"...? :lol: :lol:

Have to confess it took me a while to find the link to that; a. because nobody posted it and b. because for some reason I was looking for hands, knees and boomps-a-daisy...
:oops:
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

Ajarn Philip wrote:
Have to confess it took me a while to find the link to that; a. because nobody posted it and b. because for some reason I was looking for hands, knees and boomps-a-daisy...
:oops:

Maybe we should suggest it as a sequel...

I've lost count of how many times I've watched Head Shoulders Knees and Toes. It's .... wonderful.

This is a lovely aside to it - Dr Wine being rehearsed for his part. Anyone like to specu;late as to why he is dressed in Shakesperian costume? Is there an edict that teachers as well as pupils now have to wear ancient attire?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfoHHAl9WA