Donations - questions and discussion - July 2009

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Donations - questions and discussion - July 2009

Post by jtaylor »

I've just updated the Donations topic with the latest balance:- viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1051
It's been a year since I asked for any donations, and we've had a few bills since, and the main £200.33 annual hosting bill is due in August.

BALANCE TODAY:- -£160.56
(this INCLUDES the £200.33 invoice I've just received to be paid in August 2009)

A big thank you to everyone who's kindly donated - 24 members have donated so far, with amounts ranging between £5 and £100, and I'd like to thank everyone for their kind donations, on behalf of the Forum membership.
This topic is for discussion about the donations/running of the forum.

Cheers,

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Re: Donations - questions and discussion - July 2009

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Julian... I sent you a donation via PayPal and am sorry about the deduction. Do you need any more to stay solvent in the months ahead? If so please let me know and I will send a cheque.
You are doing such a great job, and we all appreciate it. Especially now that you have a new job that looks pretty demanding! Congratulations on that.. but don't work too hard.
Unfortunately our University has moved away from RM, to Dell. All our computers have been replaced/upgraded over the last three months. We were told that the old ones were going to Africa for use in e.g. schools etc., but seeing the news at the weekend about the UK's propensity to use Africa as a dumping ground for electronic waste, falsely labelled as 'for charity', I am beginning to wonder...
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I don'y know if this is still possible --- but as a Chairman of Governors, I persuaded the School to DONATE (Selling of "Electrics" is illegal) all replaced and updated computers to our local Mental Health NHS Trust (Of which I was a Member) these proved invaluable in teaching Confidence, Games, and "Finger skills". The hard discs were wiped prior to delivery, but they mostly contained sub-9 year old exercises anyway !

PS --- on another Thread --- on another Topic --- I have declared thet I HATE Paypal !!! :twisted:
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Julian... I sent you a donation via PayPal and am sorry about the deduction. Do you need any more to stay solvent in the months ahead? If so please let me know and I will send a cheque.
You are doing such a great job, and we all appreciate it. Especially now that you have a new job that looks pretty demanding! Congratulations on that.. but don't work too hard.
Unfortunately our University has moved away from RM, to Dell. All our computers have been replaced/upgraded over the last three months. We were told that the old ones were going to Africa for use in e.g. schools etc., but seeing the news at the weekend about the UK's propensity to use Africa as a dumping ground for electronic waste, falsely labelled as 'for charity', I am beginning to wonder...
Kerren
Thanks Kerren - all received, and greatly appreciated.
Re. fees - don't worry - it's so easy to pay through Paypal for most people (with some obvious exceptions - see above!) that it's worth the fee really.
Work's been good - but pretty hard work and time-consuming. Enjoying it though.

Cheers,

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Julian,

Is it that time of year again?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Yes, well remembered. Have just received the invoice for the £200.33 for the web hosting. Will pull the accounts together, and publish a new figure of where we are, and will then be inviting donations again...

Thanks for remembering....glad someone's on the ball!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jtaylor wrote:Yes, well remembered. Have just received the invoice for the £200.33 for the web hosting. Will pull the accounts together, and publish a new figure of where we are, and will then be inviting donations again...

Thanks for remembering....glad someone's on the ball!

J

It's a great pity the England XI weren't in South Africa !!

:oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

There's a new topic open for 2011 donations, which can be found here:-
http://chforum.info/php/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4002

Kerren/JR - I've moved your posts into that new topic, so's there all in the same place. Thanks so much to you both, and to the other members, who've so kindly donated so far.

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992