Blondie's wedding extravaganza!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Re: Blondie's wedding extravaganza!!!

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Guilty -- M'lud ! ! :oops:
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

well its now according to my wedding countdown gadget on my igoogle its now 98 days to the big day!

On my way home from work this afternoon on the train i made a list of what still needs to be done, it just doesnt seem to be going down! This weekend I am focusing on getting invites written and all the gumph to go into them printed!!!! Im still not sure about the guest list-oh well lets see how i feel at the time about who get on the list!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

so today i posted the invites, and now i await the flurry of reply slips!!! I cant belive its less than 3mths now eek. It quite scary really as up until now its been talk of wedding and just me h2b and close family involved, now the inivtes out it means it really is happening
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

You go with it, Amy! It will be wonderful, I am sure. And Ben the H2B (have I got his name right... please forgive me if not...) will be right by your side when all the shenanigans are over. But I really hope you will enjoy them when they happen. Take care...
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Yes, Amy, after all the chaos of the lead-up, don't forget on the day to relax and enjoy it all.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

we were just discussing earlier on with h2b best man about videoing the day. He got married in march and said it was nice actually to have is recored as watching it back he realised just how much of the day he doesnt remember (and NOT because of alcohol although that explains the evening bit)
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Then you would need to decide who will do the videoing, a friend or a professional. It is not always practical to have a second cameraman leaping about during the service in addition to the photographer; what is the policy at your church? sometimes they charge extra for video. I think Kirri's wedding was done by a friend who was more or less professional, and he edited it and added music afterwards. Maria's was done by a good friend who was not so professional, but did a good job. However he was not allowed to move around - he set up the camera at a suitable point to catch most of the action, and occasionally needed to discreetly adjust it. But it is well worth having a living reminder to refer to later - (or for the bride's mother to refer to!).
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

we would have to pay church £100 to video and like the photographer they can only be in one position for the whole ceremony-i dont think we will go down the video route. Photographer is quite enought
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

blondie95 wrote:i dont think we will go down the video route.
Are you quite sure? Wasn't it somewhere on this forum that I saw... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

yes seen that, we have nothing quite like that planned
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

blondie95 wrote:we would have to pay church £100 to video and like the photographer they can only be in one position for the whole ceremony-i dont think we will go down the video route. Photographer is quite enought
we didn't have anyone videoing the service as most of the time you would only have seen our backs anyway!

We have the most unintensionally funny video of our reception. Filmed by Emma, one of Angie's bridesmaids, it tells a story of what happens if you drink 5 glasses of pimms in the sunshine on an empty stomach... :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I would love to see that!

I am with h2b and parents food tasting next Thursday to decide upon the menu, we all chose a course option each to try :)

Although i the postal strikes are doing my head in, invites went out 2 weeks ago yet RSVP's are taking ages to get to me, in fact 1 week after friend said she had posted it I recieved it.

Hair and make-up trials are booked-I want to look like me and glowing on the day-nothing too styled or not my normal style
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

It is hilarious... :)

Hmm, food... we had a posh bbq that the school caterers did and of course chocolate profiteroles (for Angie! ;) )
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

well food tasting postoned by a week due to h2b being struck down by 1st migraine! So tomorrow night we will gorging ourselves on lovely food and having to make a decision-thats going to be hard-just 1 item per course eeekkk.

Im having a bit of dilemma with my rsvp's -its been 3 weeks since posted and Ive had very few RSVp's yet a number of people texting/emailing to say where they had booked or something. I dont really want to go round ringing/emailing chivving them up :?
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Don't let it get to you Amy. I sent out all the invitations for my stepdaughter's wedding using lists supplied by bride and groom. I was then harrassed by frequent phone calls "Have you invited X?". "Was he on the list.? Hold while I check- NO he wasn't. Who is he?" What's his address- OK ring me again when you've found out."

The worst offender for not replying was the fellow who lived in the flat below Kath's, who couldn't make up his mind. At the "meet the families" party the night before the wedding, I had to be restrained from congratulating him that his writing hand now seemed to be better (he never did reply)
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.