Not wanting to go back - is this common?

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Not wanting to go back - is this common?

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

Well she went! Her Dad took her with his car full to the brim, at one point I wasn't sure we'd be able to get it back in.

He popped around later that evening (we're divorced) to collect her shoes, towel, the forms I'd forgotton to fill in & return. It seems she was first back, she is in the same room AGAIN for the 4th term running but she is in with the house friend she gets on best with and she got to choose the bed she wanted.

We discussed the situation and my ex mentioned her awareness of the financial implications which I snorted at because clearly 99% of the time she doesn't seem to care about that at all! We're both in agreement that she's focusing on the negatives of boarding life & that the friendship side that she finds hard would be with her wherever she went to school. Very much a case of rose tinted glasses.

Today I went into her room and discovered her glasses and various other items that she should really have with her..........perhaps next time I'll insist on helping to pack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

We are about to go.....newbies!.....another day or so to go....we packed yesterday and I was amazed at the amount of stuff....had to go back in the loft to find another suitcase.......my newbie is still excited to go but I had tears last night for the first time....not to do with CH.....he is worrying about me and things happening to me and him not knowing about it...........bless!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

My youngest is starting on Wednesday too, and she was sleepwalking last night - a sure sign that she's worried :shock: :cry:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Lonelymom - make sure that the house staff know about the sleepwalking!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Yes, I will. She's only ever done it a few times before, so I think it's because she's getting worried about going away. I'll see if she does it again tonight, but I'll let the staff know anyway. She keeps saying things like 'you'd better give me lots of cuddles now because you won't be able to soon!' :cry:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
stellavision
2nd Former

Post by stellavision »

mine went back without fuss .... has continued with stoicism, despite some social problems (that I was hoping would have diminished) .... I'll see how it goes, thanks Mid A for the holiday analogy - it did put things into perspective.