Can Anybody Help?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Can Anybody Help?

Post by Mid A 15 »

September 2009
Instrument Amnesty
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after a fire gutted a school building at the weekend.
Fire crews were called to the scene of the blaze in a services building at Hextable School, in Egerton Avenue, Hextable at about 4.30am on Sunday.
About 30 fire-fighters were involved in the operation and parts of the building had to be stripped away in an effort to tackle the blaze.
Crews were dampening down until around 8am before handing the site over to the police.
Head teacher Peter Dalton said the fire had left the school without electricity, meaning it would remain closed on Monday.
He said: "It is very, very distressing."
No-one was hurt in the incident.
Dartford & Swanley Times 24 (ON LINE) 07/09/09

The Music Department, Hextable School
At this point in time Hextable School finds itself without a music department and will for the foreseeable future be operating from porter cabins. As a direct result of the fire on the morning of September 6th 2009 the music department and all of its equipment & instruments have been lost. This not only affects Hextable students but also the wider community as the school provided after school instrument lessons for players ranging in age from 7years to adult. In the fullness of time I am sure that Hextable School will again have one of the best equipped music departments in the district but in the short term I, as a member of the music department, would be most grateful for any help people feel they are able to afford us, the obvious thing to ask for is money but more valuable than that would be donations of ANY unwanted / unused instruments / equipment in any condition ranging from basic keyboards & drums / percussion to woodwind, brass and any string instruments such as guitars, violins, cello’s. You can contact me via this site and I will arrange collection if needed.
Our aim is to continue to provide our peripatetic services, after school instrument lessons and school music performances with as little disruption as possible.

Steve Ball
(Musician in Residence, Hextable School)
Bassist for
(Bailey’s Cat / Laura B and the Moonlighters / Baby Laurel)

The Rhythm Room, Horton Kirby
The Sound House, Wilmington
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72