Wierd Hobbies

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

JamesF35 wrote:There was a guy in MidA (can't remember his name) who used to cultivate stick insects and, from time to time, eat them live !
This sounds like Pete Spurrier (was he in Mid.A ?)....
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

huntertitus wrote:I wouldn't want crickets up MY passage...
It'd make yer hoppin' mad !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

JamesF35 wrote:There was a guy in MidA (can't remember his name) who used to cultivate stick insects and, from time to time, eat them live !
There was a guy in Peele B used to gather handfuls of craneflies and stuff them in his mouth to the horror and disgust of all.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

huntertitus wrote:
There was a guy in Peele B used to gather handfuls of craneflies and stuff them in his mouth to the horror and disgust of all.
There was a guy in Mid.B who used to eat spoonfuls of school porridge, to the horror and disgust of all!

huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

Richard Ruck wrote:
huntertitus wrote:
There was a guy in Mid.B who used to eat spoonfuls of school porridge, to the horror and disgust of all!
Now THAT's beyond belief! :shock:
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

On my UF. a number of people used to keep mice in their desks, watebins and old tubs of marmalade!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

sport! wrote:anyway, who recalls a couple of blokes who were in Lamb A, I believe in the mid 70s, one of whom had blonde hair, a limp and tended to wear army gear as much as possible, including some sort of scarf........anyway, their weird hobby, or was it just a myth? was going out on Big/Little Side after dark and hurling a sheath knife randomly up in the air and ........
that was only one bloke - called jeremy something. I think he had a problem with a glider.

then we had one in Col B who rather than the usual pin ups etc. in his study, decorated the walls with really sexy pictures of the new Intercity 125.

On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
dogger
2nd Former

Post by dogger »

Rory wrote:On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
Probably a hobby.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: Wierd Hobbies

Post by jhopgood »

huntertitus wrote:Anybody have memories of kids with wierd hobbies?

Talking to cows. I got caned for doing this during a football match. The punishment didn't work; I still fall asleep if football is on the TV.
Not really for this theme, but some years ago and in another country, a soccer match I was playing in was suspended when a cow ate the corner flag.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

dogger wrote:
Rory wrote:On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
Probably a hobby.
Hey !! That's ANOTHER bird. (Sorry - Wrong thread.)
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

A guy in Maine A, a few years above me, used to collect other people's sport's clothes...oh no, wait a minute - he was a THIEF! It got so bad that someone actually put a notice on his study door that said 'Lost Property'. I wont mention his name as he may have good lawyer by now...
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

Rory wrote:
sport! wrote:anyway, who recalls a couple of blokes who were in Lamb A, I believe in the mid 70s, one of whom had blonde hair, a limp and tended to wear army gear as much as possible, including some sort of scarf........anyway, their weird hobby, or was it just a myth? was going out on Big/Little Side after dark and hurling a sheath knife randomly up in the air and ........
that was only one bloke - called jeremy something. I think he had a problem with a glider.

then we had one in Col B who rather than the usual pin ups etc. in his study, decorated the walls with really sexy pictures of the new Intercity 125.

On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
I will take that as a slap on the wrist!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

marty wrote:A guy in Maine A, a few years above me, used to collect other people's sport's clothes...oh no, wait a minute - he was a THIEF! It got so bad that someone actually put a notice on his study door that said 'Lost Property'. I wont mention his name as he may have good lawyer by now...
This guy sounds to me, what we called a 'Snowdropper' when I was in the police, but this usually only concerned ladies under-wear and washing lines !
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

J.R. wrote:
marty wrote:A guy in Maine A, a few years above me, used to collect other people's sport's clothes...oh no, wait a minute - he was a THIEF! It got so bad that someone actually put a notice on his study door that said 'Lost Property'. I wont mention his name as he may have good lawyer by now...
This guy sounds to me, what we called a 'Snowdropper' when I was in the police, but this usually only concerned ladies under-wear and washing lines !
I'd love to hear some stories of the experiences you had in the police - it's one of those professions (like a doctor) where, if you are on the inside so to speak you get access to sidesplittingly funny stories - I know a few doctors and one had a vast list of objects which men had got their p*n*ses stuck into - some were quite unbelievable!
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

I think you can say 'penises' on here, Robin.

It's not a rude word! If you talk about what they're used for, however..... :wink:

Bl*ody, on the other hand, doesn't make it past the censor. :roll:

Hope you never had a nosebleed, 'cos you wouldn't be able to describe it!