Individual House postcodes

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Re: Individual House postcodes

Post by Angela Woodford »

J.R. wrote:

Can someone please send a letter to Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham

I don't think I can bring myself to address a letter to a "NOTORIOUS", somehow. Why not just "NEILL"? He's not just well known for something bad, as my dictionary puts it. He sounds quite reasonable sometimes.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Angela Woodford wrote:
J.R. wrote:

Can someone please send a letter to Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham

I don't think I can bring myself to address a letter to a "NOTORIOUS", somehow. Why not just "NEILL"? He's not just well known for something bad, as my dictionary puts it. He sounds quite reasonable sometimes.
T'wasn't me wot rote that !

T'wo's young Josh !

:shock:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I worry that if such a letter were sent --- it might get to me, via the CHA, perhaps not now, but Wendy (The Wonderful )would know ! :D

I doubt if any of your "Informants" would know ---- unless over the age of 75 -- and still at CH, struggling to pass School Certificate ! :oops:

When did Post Codes come in ? I may have been away, in hotter climes.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Post codes came in about the mid 60s. The first one I came across was that of a friend at college, in 1966, who had a home post code as they lived in a trial area, not sure when they became universal.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965