Are smokers becoming paranoid?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Katharine
Button Grecian

Are smokers becoming paranoid?

Post by Katharine »

As some of you know, I work at the Ffestiniog Railway, this morning I was asked by one lady, sitting in the open air, on the station platform, whether she was allowed to smoke there. This is a first for me. We don't allow smoking while on the trains but I wasn't aware of anyone restricting it in the open air - yet.

I don't smoke, never have, am just intrigued by the question.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

You are certainly not allowed to smoke on London Underground platforms, even if in the open air.

As our local station is shared with a mainline company (Chiltern Railways) I don't know about them.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: Are smokers becoming paranoid?

Post by Great Plum »

Katharine wrote:As some of you know, I work at the Ffestiniog Railway, this morning I was asked by one lady, sitting in the open air, on the station platform, whether she was allowed to smoke there. This is a first for me. We don't allow smoking while on the trains but I wasn't aware of anyone restricting it in the open air - yet.

I guess she saw the locomotive smoking and wanted to join in... :lol:
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Great Plum wrote:
Katharine wrote:As some of you know, I work at the Ffestiniog Railway, this morning I was asked by one lady, sitting in the open air, on the station platform, whether she was allowed to smoke there. This is a first for me. We don't allow smoking while on the trains but I wasn't aware of anyone restricting it in the open air - yet.

Stick to yer day job, Matt !

Me and 'Er Indoors' are both smokers and won't be dominated by those control freaks in Westminster who wish to perfect the perfect 'Nanny State' !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Great Plum wrote:

Sorry Matt, there were no locomotives in sight and an otherwise empty platfrom - part of the reason I was so surprised at the question.

Mary, I knew about enclosed London Underground stations, but did not realise it applies at open air ones too. It does apply to enclosed mainline stations such as Birmingham New Street too.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

J.R. wrote:
Great Plum wrote:

Stick to yer day job, Matt !

Me and 'Er Indoors' are both smokers and won't be dominated by those control freaks in Westminster who wish to perfect the perfect 'Nanny State' !
You will come next May! ;)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99