What's Lurking in your fridge?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

cj wrote: - bottle of champagne (to celebrate installation of new kitchen some time in mid-April,
Your self-restraint is admirable - it would never survive the weekend here!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Vonny wrote:
cj wrote:
Vonny wrote:The reason we have an "alcohol" fridge is that we bought a nice silver upright fridge freezer then a year or so later we moved into a house with a fitted kitchen - all the appliances were new and we didn't want to get rid of our other fridge freezer so we put it in the garage and the fridge bit is primarily used for beverages of the alcoholic variety 8)
Yeah, yeah .... and what's the 'freezer' bit for? Gin and tonic sorbets, Baileys ice cream, vodka jellies (to help them set, obviously)?

Small cartons of juice (with straw attached) for kids, large box of wine (with garden hose attached) for Mummy.
:shock: :lol: :lol: Now there's an idea............ :lol:

We used to have the one freezer which was always jammed packed but now we have 2 they are both bursting at the seams :roll:
Can I come and live with you Vonny? Sounds much better at your place than mine!!! :roll:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Jude wrote:
Vonny wrote:
cj wrote: Yeah, yeah .... and what's the 'freezer' bit for? Gin and tonic sorbets, Baileys ice cream, vodka jellies (to help them set, obviously)?

Small cartons of juice (with straw attached) for kids, large box of wine (with garden hose attached) for Mummy.
:shock: :lol: :lol: Now there's an idea............ :lol:

We used to have the one freezer which was always jammed packed but now we have 2 they are both bursting at the seams :roll:
Can I come and live with you Vonny? Sounds much better at your place than mine!!! :roll:
:lol: :lol:

On the condition that you take care of the two girls :twisted: :lol: :lol: Don't worry - the youngest starts school in September :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Richard Ruck wrote:
cj wrote: - bottle of champagne (to celebrate installation of new kitchen some time in mid-April,
Your self-restraint is admirable - it would never survive the weekend here!
Under normal circumstances I would agree, but normal hasn't lived here for over a month now. S/he is returning from an overly long sojourn somewhere far away after Easter. Having said that, it was my idea to buy a house that needed a kitchen installing (like most genius plans, it seemed just brilliant at the time) but B&Q just had to go and b*gger the whole thing up by setting fire to the warehouse in which my 'premium range' kitchen was awaiting delivery, setting us back 6 weeks. (I personally want to know what the 'premium range' kitchens were doing in the same warehouse as the plebby ones. Surely they'd have had their own security-controlled facility .....) Anyway, the bottle of champers is the oversized carrot that this oversized donkey needs to get her through the final push. And then it's chocks away, chaps! (With a proper sink to wash the glasses in, rather than the bath, and how sad is that as a prospect to look forward to.)
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

champagne - not entirely convinced i remember buying it
bärlauchkäse - wild garlic cheese
blauschimmelkäse - blue cheese (spar in austria cuts the price in half about 5 days before the sell by date :? yet :D 8) )
loads of salad stuff, but not that pre-cut pre-washed stuff. that's for tossers! :lol: geddit?! *ahem*
ottakringer - a good lager. not bitter but i'm not bitter.
broccoli
mayo
specially imported brown sauce, english mustard, branstons etc
milk
supposedly seedless red grapes - lying onanists in the supermarket...
peas
blaukraut - red cabbage in something. haven't opened it but tried it somewhere over the weekend and now know it tastes like poo. it may lurk for some time.
yoghurts
pears
nectarines
pickled onions
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Hendrik, what is nice, 20yr old layabout like yourself doing with that amount of food in your fridge? Surely there is no room left for the tonics, red bulls and Absolut ?
Definitely letting the side down here - you'll be telling us next that you're responsible and law-abiding...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

And brown sauce in the fridge??

That's supposed to sit in the cupboard with a nice crust developing around the lid.......

Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

indeed- -- what the young are coming to these days, I really don't know...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

i don't drink lady drinks on the whole. a good beer is all you need really.

i keep brown sauce in the fridge because it is recommended, and unlike most of you i can't just go down the local shop and buy it! same as the mustard, pickle etc.

i now have chick peas soaking in the fridge to make houmous (something else you can't buy in austria). austria is also closed on sundays. it takes a lot of getting used to for those of us who grew up in the West!
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

I didn'tknow that you could actually close a country - does that include airports, stations and general frontiers ? How quaint ! ( and dont be so snotty about drinks - vodka is a masculine drink, ask any Pole !)
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

I think we should start a food & drink thread, as we all seem to be quite fond of these things.

Whad'ya reckon?

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

........... or even just a drink thread, Richard ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

there was a " beer" thread at one point
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

As a student I therefore only currently have a dodgy bit of cheese in the fridge and some leftover Dominos Pizza!!!
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Vonny wrote:
Jude wrote:
Vonny wrote: :shock: :lol: :lol: Now there's an idea............ :lol:

:lol: :lol:

On the condition that you take care of the two girls :twisted: :lol: :lol: Don't worry - the youngest starts school in September :lol:
What's their ages? I'm quite good with kidlets - mine all both adults now, so I need a reason to be silly..... :shock: :lol:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach