With the

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

we never did have such blood sports in our day.... the nearest we came to was hockey!

We didn't get colours, or badges, I feel really let down now, all I have is my P for posture badge.....

why were we treated SO differently - I suppose we were not supposed to be as competeative as the boys. huh.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Jude wrote:We didn't get colours, or badges, I feel really let down now, all I have is my P for posture badge.....
Some people (including Kerren) did get colours, Jude. It meant a small capital letter to be sewn on the blazer above (?) the crest. I think Kerren also said that it meant a different Old Girls' badge too.

When I first went to CH, we did not have crests on our blazers. I think that you got the badge if you got your colours - but it may have been Mons. I know there were complaints from the select when we all got blazer badges as you could not tell the difference between them and the rest of the mob.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Jude wrote:we never did have such blood sports in our day.... the nearest we came to was hockey!

We didn't get colours, or badges, I feel really let down now, all I have is my P for posture badge.....

why were we treated SO differently - I suppose we were not supposed to be as competeative as the boys. huh.

And how did you get to keep your Posture badge? We had to hand ours in
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

Kept mine too...
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Mine sits in my jewellery box. Sits correctly of course, upright, no slouching or legs crossed ...
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Jude wrote:we never did have such blood sports in our day.... the nearest we came to was hockey!

Far too young and overprotected; you never enjoyed the thrills of bicycle hockey on tarmac. CH deprived you; sue them
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

sejintenej wrote:

Far too young and overprotected; you never enjoyed the thrills of bicycle hockey on tarmac. CH deprived you; sue them
Can't - they don't exisit anymore!!! lol!

Watched my son at CH roller blade behind Lamb A/B - in what became a carpark on days in/out start/end of term - there was a lot more space in Horsham..

Isn't it weird how the girls uniform changed so much in just the 10 years between Katherine and I? All our blazers had badges - if it didn't you had to sew one on. I have a photo of me in a ballooning blue striped summer dress, brown sandals & short fawn socks (I'd forgotten about them until I got the photo out for DBTS when he visited!) and my blazer on out the back of 5's. I had written a letter to my foster parents begging them to take me away! They were going somewhere so decided to drop in and see if I was really as bad as I said. let's just say that although the school overwhelmed them, the dorms etc didn't!

Just about everyone of us has different views on the uniform we all wore, and yet the school couldn't have afforded to keep changing it surely?
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

We wore the same in 1965.

Dresses could be any colour though.

It was the Sunday uniform which kept changing, twice while I was there. Each one worse than the last.

I think there is quite a bit about this on the 'Hertford' thread.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Hertford summer uniform during the 80s was a very jolly affair. All the different coloured stripey dresses and our Sunday best - cherry red blazers and blue and white spotty shirts. But, Horsham unifrom was much smarter, even with the lacy jabots.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.