Fat women and babies - something to chew on...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Is it fair to exclude fat women from IVF?

Yes - lardy ladies should adopt instead
29%
No - they should be allowed the chance to have children
14%
I'm hungry - what was the question again?
10%
Fiona Bruce is nice
48%

Total votes: 21

UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Great, thanks guys.
Why do I feel an obsession coming on?
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

soc wrote:Great, thanks guys.
Why do I feel an obsession coming on?
Do you mean the family tree, Sean, or this Forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Both I should think. 119 posts in three days looks like the onset of an obsession to me.

Yesterday's Independent had a CD-ROM about Tracing your Family History and making your tree.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

well the posts are to boost our confidence - Sean has just arrived and obviously wants to get up teh ladder to grecian at least ASAP - me I am after me buttons!

it got very busy last night (sat 16th sept) Mrs C, Soc and I then Vonny and Katherine joined - almost the most this year!!

However, time was pressing and we all had to go to bed!

we have wandered off the point a bit -

totally normal!

:lol:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Today's Indy has a book about tracing your family tree
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I'm still in my pj's can have no oney to go and buy a newspaper - anyhow - I get more news in here than I get on tv!!!
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

englishangel wrote:Today's Indy has a book about tracing your family tree
And I forgot all about it :roll:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Vonny wrote:
Would you like my copy, Vonny? (CD as well if you want it)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

soc wrote:I really hope that nut from the "Martian Embassy" isnt there anymore, or if he is, please let him be wearing an "I love me" jacket
I have a newspaper cutting of extracts from the Fortean Times, one of which is about a Martian traveller who reported to the police somewhere in France that he had left his spaceship a few hundred years ago and now cannot find it again.
I wonder if it is the same person.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Katharine wrote:
Vonny wrote:
Would you like my copy, Vonny? (CD as well if you want it)
Thanks Katharine. Do you know if the book & cd work in conjuntion with each other or are they separate things? I'll cover postage etc if you do send it.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

I'm still in my pj's can have no oney to go and buy a newspaper
what's wrong with going to buy a newspaper in your pj's?
Here they do it all the time...
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Rory wrote: what's wrong with going to buy a newspaper in your pj's?
Here they do it all the time...
Do they also wear them when going to the airport to meet family or friends? They did in Malaysia.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

mine are not matching nor am I pretty!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

sejintenej wrote:
soc wrote:I really hope that nut from the "Martian Embassy" isnt there anymore, or if he is, please let him be wearing an "I love me" jacket
I have a newspaper cutting of extracts from the Fortean Times, one of which is about a Martian traveller who reported to the police somewhere in France that he had left his spaceship a few hundred years ago and now cannot find it again.
I wonder if it is the same person.
The guy who claimed to be with "that" embassy looked remarkably like the guy who was always at the last night of the proms behind the conductor. You know the one, glasses and black hair and not entirely human looking......................hey wait a minute, maybe he wasn't lying?
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

OK, I know this ancient news on this thread but I've only just seen it.

Cannabis.
I'm not saying it's hunky dory but I've seen a lot of BS being thrown around by utterly clueless people (no change there then!)

As far as I know, and according to many articles, it is biologically impossible to overdose on cannabis by smoking. Think about it, you simply pass out before you can do yourself any real damage.

Ingestion is a slightly different case, but you'd really have to TRY to kill yourself. Even then, the articles I've read say it still won't kill you, just make you very sick.
This girl who had fits etc that someone mentioned would have been mixing drugs, or mixing drugs with alcohol, sheer idiocy. The other possibility is that she had some type of bud which was laced with coke or heroin. One argument for legalisation (just one, before i get lynched), is that all cannabis products would be checked, just like any other saleable good. Thus bannishing potentially dangerous stuff from the market. Hey, it's worked in Holland.

You can drink yourself to death in one (1) sitting. Even according to our Ed for Living at CH "half a bottle of spirits is enough to kill a teenager who is not used to alcohol". During my time at CH there were many people who had to have their stomachs pumped due to binge-drinking. There were no such near-fatalities owing to cannabis, and yes there were many people who were smoking it.

You have never seen, nor will you ever see two stoned people going at each others throats with broken bottles on a saturday night. Infact, you will never see two stoned people even being aggressive. It's just, like, way too much, like "agro" man, y'know? Mmmkay........

The myth about driving under influence being worse than drunk driving is just that.
I have been in quite a few cars where the driver turned out to be over the limit, it's VERY scary. You fear for your life. Alcohol makes you think that you are a better driver than you are, while at the same time lowering your performance. Recipe for disaster.
I have also been driven by stoned people on a number of occasions. No problems whatsoever. The false confidence just isn't there, weed actually makes you over-careful. I've never felt at all at risk when a stoned driver was behind the wheel (and no, this wasn't because i was stoned, this applied whether i was sober, drunk or whatever).

Cannabis as a gateway drug:
NO. quite simply. I know many, many people who smoke weed (so do you, you just don't KNOW that they smoke it, another difference between alcohol and weed), hardly any of them touch anything stronger. In my experience alcohol has been more of a gateway drug than weed. It's logical really, people who like the buzz of alcohol will like the similarish buzz of coke (for example), whereas they will find the effect of weed "boring" compared to alcohol.
The two examples that spring to mind are OB's and good friends of mine. First I lost them to alcohol and now I am losing them to cocaine. They find "weed doesn't do anything for them", and never did.

Effect on others:
If you're a pothead you may well ruin your life, but the damage stops there. You don't f*ck up other people's lives.
I have dealt a lot with many people who were either drunks or potheads, the difference is clear.
The potheads are a bit lazy (no more than the winos, less if anything). They are also a bit slow, but harmless and generally sane (but sane at half speed!).
The mother of a now ex long term girlfriend of mine is an alcoholic. Very alcoholic, as most alcoholics are. This has caused serious depression to her, but has also seriously damaged the mental health of her four children. The now ex of mine was going the same way as her mother last time i saw her, dispite the fact she hated her mother being an alcoholic. Can you believe how upsetting this is to watch happening to a family you know and care about?

My Dad was an alcoholic. This lead to the divorce of my parents, meaning i only got to see him every two weeks. Until, that is, he was arrested for being drunk in charge of me. I didn't get to see him after that because of various court orders.

He died 10 days ago. Aged 53. Younger than most of you. That was alcohol, not cannabis.