Anyone for coffee??

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Now that is a very civilised idea
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

its what I`m drinking atm anyway!!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

I am going to have to wheel off to the fridge
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

can you actually be legally charged with being drunk whilst " driving" a wheelchair? (not you personally of course, as I know you wouldn`t drink and "drive"!!!! ) :drinkers:
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Want me to go try and find out?
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:
huntertitus wrote:I got a bit of a shock when my daughter arrived in the kitchen with 2 enormous goats on dog leads last summer

We were staying on a Dorset farm and she'd gone to the farm up the lane and asked if she could take them for a walk

She walks all the neighbourhood dogs at home in Battersea free of charge - she just LOVES animals - but one doesn't expect to see five foot tall goats nibbling at the salad in the kitchen!

Oh you townie :lol:

My daughter once took her 16.3 thoroughbred into her bedroom.
'Aw come on Mum. He was all tacked up ready to go when I realised that I had forgotten my gloves, and I didn't want to put his halter back on.' - had better explain that the house is single storey, with brick tiled floor, and that Jess has french doors opening into the garden.

Then there was the time that I had a three month old Jersey heifer in the back of the Laser. Fortunately, she was a twin and small for her age. Or the time that I had four lusty teenagers, myself, and a teenage goat in the same smallish car.

Willie the Wether can nut the front door open, and checks out the kitchen for biscuits. One day, while we were out, he ventured in the bathroom, and the door closed behind him. He was most indignant when discovered.

Our recently deceased (aged 9 or 10 - we lost count of the years) chooks
would walk into the house if the door was open, and were often observed attempting to negotiate the cat flap.

None of this would be remotely funny if we had carpeted floors, but brick pavers are reasonably easy to clean and disinfect.

Changing tack: are you willing to share where in Battersea you live? My family lived in Culvert Road, and I participate in an Old Battersea web group.
Did the heifer fire the laser at it's twin?

You are right I'm a city boy and don't understand country ways

I live at 15 Albert Bridge Road

Culvert Road is just round the corner and has some pretty weird occupants of some medium to hi-rise flats there

They enjoy shooting at each other but unfortunately they are bad shots and only one of them has died

so far...
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

soc wrote:Want me to go try and find out?
yes :wink:
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

huntertitus wrote:I live at 15 Albert Bridge Road

Culvert Road is just round the corner and has some pretty weird occupants of some medium to hi-rise flats there

They enjoy shooting at each other but unfortunately they are bad shots and only one of them has died

so far...

Oh my :(

I lived in Culvert Road until I was 5, so spent one term at Chesterton School, before moving to Streatham and Richard Atkins. In my day there was Battersea County School and The Haberdashers Arms on one side of the road, with terraced houses, a few shops and a couple of bomb sites on the other. My grandparents continued to live in Culvert Road, but were moved to some newly built seniors bungalows.

Oh, and there was some kind of mission hall (?) on the corner of Culvert and Battersea Park Roads that used to feature in the opening credits of No Hiding Place - a police drama that preceded The Bill by a couple of decades. The officers charged about London in Wolsey 444s - one of my favourite cars: leather seats, and a wee little dip stick, just underneath the dashboard, for the gear box oil.

Hmmm, wonder how many more threads I can cover with just one message :lol:
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

I think the bomb sites in this place and all over London became the housing for the dispossesed

The problem started in the 1780's when they enclosed the common land
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Mrs C. wrote:BTW its wine time, not coffee!!
it's been that since Friday night - 5 young visitors have discovered the delights of Domaine de Souleilles, Chateau Robert and Domaine du Fort to the tune of half a dozen or more bottles a day (and one discovered a few of the delights of the young girl who makes the first one). One of the girls was very anti red wine saying it gives her a hangover, tastes awful and is rubbish - she has been completely corrupted!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

I am glad I looked at this thread, a glass or five of wine would be very nice right now
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

the things you do to fill your time!

I have had a Pj day (pyjama) and have only got up late in the after noon - have been overdoing it with trying to work two mornings, doing 2 evening activities and going out with girlfriends - so today I had to rest - it was wonderful - no coffee, but I have had a hot chocolate just now as it is very cold here, and I refuse to put the CH on (arghh - Central Heating) until it is officially WINTER and not AUTUMN!

I am SO lucky living here we have so many trees and they are all just starting to change colours. It is wonderful to be part of nature and just watch... Still not into alcohol, but have had 3 cups of tea and 1 hot choc.... think I might go and repeat the hot choc!

interesting thread Mrs C - how do we keep it in line?
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I don`t think we have to, do we?? It`d be a first, if so!!!
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

What would be in line for this thread?
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

general chit-chat of no relevence whatsoever!!
(a "civilised" "divert"??!!??)