We have adopted.........................

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Sob sob. One unhappy - hissing and spitting - little stray cat now delivered to the Cat Rescue people in Worthing. So mission accomplished - but I had to deliver, and the cage plus cat was Very Heavy. Especially with the cat rushing around from one end to the other! I just hope that I have done the right thing. They said they would keep me informed of progress.....and I did get one farewell picture. How is your training going, Munch?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Yowl! Yowl! Yowl!

Post by Angela Woodford »

Isn't it ghastly to see a poor panicking cat behind bars? Well done for catching him/her, Kerren. I wonder how the poor puss will take to being cared for? I think of you stuggling to Cat Rescue with a heaving container!

The Ruler of All The Universe doesn't work on a Monday, so we will have camera tuition soon....

If you read this this morning, what time do we gather at the QE Hall for our pre-recital talk? Of course I will be early! If I'm not I'm wandering panicking by the Thames (twilight years).

Ooh! then in a minute I will pm you my mobile no, which Alex knows too.

Cat expert JR seems to have vanished from this Pussy Posse thread! A real pussy expert!

Love, Munch
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

I am pleased to announce the arrival of Mr Orange, a large and very friendly neutered Tom aged 18 months from the local animal refuge. I collected him last Thursday and he is settling in well, though still living mainly in the spare bedroom. Tabby, the tortoiseshell, is not best pleased and I have the scratches to prove it.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

loringa wrote:I am pleased to announce the arrival of Mr Orange, a large and very friendly neutered Tom aged 18 months from the local animal refuge. I collected him last Thursday and he is settling in well, though still living mainly in the spare bedroom. Tabby, the tortoiseshell, is not best pleased and I have the scratches to prove it.
Fret Not !

It can take several days or even a couple of weeks for two adults to accept each other. Its all a case of territory, with males being far more possessive than females. A male cat, (even neutered), into a female domain is probably the hardest. Lots of love and cuddles for BOTH cats. Try to feed them together, getting their bowls nearer and nearer at each feed.

Toby now thinks he's Riagan's Mum, and holds him down whilst washing him all over, paying particular attention to inside the wee fella's ears.

Riagan absolutely adores the attention.

Sorry if you've missed me. It's been a pretty busy weekend, even without a football match to watch !

Well done Kerren !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

The saga of Kerren's stray cat.....

Post by kerrensimmonds »

For those who have been interested.. the cat story is sad I am afraid. They don't think they can keep him. They believe he has turned feral. When the lady went into the pen yesterday, he attacked her. He sleeps in his bed, is not eating, and goes ballistic whenever anyone goes near. He has ripped his claws with trying to escape.

He was thin to start with, but is deteriorating fast because he is not eating.

So someone from WARDARS is coming hopefully tomorrow to capture him, take him to the vet where he will be anaesthetised - then they will give him antibiotics for the eye infections and neuter him. When he has recovered, he will be returned to live in my front garden. Cats Protection said they would pay for his food for the rest of his life, but I said that was not necessary. I hope that when he returns he remembers his previous way of life and can learn to 'trust' me again....

I feel so sad...
Kerren Simmonds
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: The saga of Kerren's stray cat.....

Post by sejintenej »

kerrensimmonds wrote:For those who have been interested.. the cat story is sad I am afraid. They don't think they can keep him. They believe he has turned feral.

So someone from WARDARS is coming hopefully tomorrow to capture him, take him to the vet where he will be anaesthetised - then they will give him antibiotics for the eye infections and neuter him. When he has recovered, he will be returned to live in my front garden. Cats Protection said they would pay for his food for the rest of his life, but I said that was not necessary. I hope that when he returns he remembers his previous way of life and can learn to 'trust' me again....

I feel so sad...
I think that you did the right thing in allowing them to attempt to give him a home. Having decided that it cannot work then returning him to "his" territory is the only solution - at least they are not even considering the other "solution". At least he will know your garden but whether he can feel "safe" again remains to be seen. Best of luck; I hope it works.

David
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Thank you David. I have had a lot of support for this.. especially from JR. Some of my friends think I am mad to even be worrying, but ..... I can't help it. I hope he 'comes home' safely and settles back in.....
Kerren Simmonds
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Puss on the doorstep

You did the right thing, Kerren! Poor cat - I'm sure we'll all be anxious to know how he does when returned to his territory.

Welcome Mr Orange. I found that introducing an adult cat into an established menage took a while, and made a big fuss of both cats. Tosca - v pretty Silver Spotted Shorthair/Russian Blue - went into hiding under a bed when intoduced to her new colleague Jasper (neglected Blue Persian), but after a couple of weeks would tolerate him in a disdainful sort of way, especially when slipped a few of her favourite prawns.

When Tosca had six kittens, Jasper would give her a break kitten-sitting, looking after and playing with the kittens most competently!

Munch
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

The greath thing about having him neutered, is that when he returns to his old stamping ground, he'll be far less terratorial and not having sex on the brain anymore, will be far less likely to get into fights and more inclined to become slightly friendly.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Swish, eagerly awaiting photos from Munch

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Gorgeous!

Oh Caroline!

Have just found photo of Swish. What a beautiful cat!!! This picture is worthy of being on the cat calendar I get for Christmas every year. Wish the Ruler Of All The Universe would appear and I can show him.

Lovely plushy fur!

Thank you!

Love, Munch
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

If I'm not mistaken that's a Burmese. They're lovely cats (my parents have two) - very friendly, docile and attention-seeking
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

marty wrote:If I'm not mistaken that's a Burmese. They're lovely cats (my parents have two) - very friendly, docile and attention-seeking
Quite agree Marty ! Though its hard to absolutely sure from the podgy tum angle.

Beautiful plush coats, if I remember from my cat-show days !
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

J.R. wrote:
marty wrote:If I'm not mistaken that's a Burmese. They're lovely cats (my parents have two) - very friendly, docile and attention-seeking
Quite agree Marty ! Though its hard to absolutely sure from the podgy tum angle.

Beautiful plush coats, if I remember from my cat-show days !
Did you win anything, JR?
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: The saga of Kerren's stray cat.....

Post by sejintenej »

kerrensimmonds wrote:He was thin to start with, but is deteriorating fast because he is not eating.

So someone from WARDARS is coming hopefully tomorrow to capture him, take him to the vet where he will be anaesthetised - then they will give him antibiotics for the eye infections and neuter him. When he has recovered, he will be returned to live in my front garden.
any recent news, Kerren?
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!