Worst drunken experience at CH

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

I was rather more worried by tales of the " goings-on" at the homes where you stayed....
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
Jolyon
GE (Great Erasmus)

interesting

Post by Jolyon »

tell tell!

The only great story I had was staying at a place which also had an American exchange student. We stayed up late discussing mainly Blackadder Goes Forth and lines such as "I wouldnt lick a german if they were glazed in honey".

But respect must be given to the members of the party with great Irish-pub-dar. Only they could have found an Irish boozer in every town we went to. The dangerous looking Irish flag cocktail was not something you expect to discover in Nuremburg (spelling?). One moment I remeber was setting alight a fellow actors hair while he was fraternising with the locals. And I have said sorry to him many hundreds of times.

Btw, who was your child that was on the tour?
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Seb Bonnet ..
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

I say, do I strike you all as being rather strange, in that I don't drink myself silly at any given opportunity?

Saturday nights are rather sad from my perspective - and unfortunately rather funny at the same time. The fact that people find it all funny merely encourages them to do it again the following week.

(sigh)...
L. Fanthome : Pe.A (03-05) Gr.W (05-06)
Jolyon
GE (Great Erasmus)

not strange at all

Post by Jolyon »

Well it isnt that strange really. Considering the volumes invovled in getting heavily drunk are rather large and therefore tought to hide (I am excluding drinking alone here and assuming drinks for 4 people or more) it was alwyas too much like hard work.

That is one of the great CH traits though, the lengths we would go to just to do something slightly naughty.

I have to mention the first month of my Deps though. Every Saturday night I ended up being brought some UF who was VERY drunk to look after cause "he will know what to do". Oddly enough what I did every time was get them busted and medical attention. 3 needed stomach pumping for crying out loud.... There is drinking and then there is just silliness.... Grrrr
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

Tis true - the work involved generally outweighs the consequences. I prefer to have a few pints of something real, NOT LAGER, and enjoy with a few friends.

Of course there is something about CH that engenders a feeling of rebellion (every institution does) - our rebelliousness doesn't usually extend to much though; in fact we're rather bad at being rebellious. Sad really.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

darthmaul wrote:Tis true - the work involved generally outweighs the consequences. I prefer to have a few pints of something real, NOT LAGER, and enjoy with a few friends.

Of course there is something about CH that engenders a feeling of rebellion (every institution does) - our rebelliousness doesn't usually extend to much though; in fact we're rather bad at being rebellious. Sad really.
Don't worry Luke, you are not alone, my son (20) prefers 2 good pints to gallons of fizzy p*ss.

Other son (17) dislikes alcohol in all its forms.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

englishangel wrote:Don't worry Luke, you are not alone, my son (20) prefers 2 good pints to gallons of fizzy p*ss.

Stella? P***? Neva...it's real stuff! Honest mate!

Apologies - a raving lunatic had brief control over the keyboard.

Arggghhhh!!!

At this point, the raving lunatic in charge of my keyboard is beaten and thrown off a cliff.

Long live real ale!
99yorkpj
Deputy Grecian

Post by 99yorkpj »

darthmaul wrote:
englishangel wrote:Don't worry Luke, you are not alone, my son (20) prefers 2 good pints to gallons of fizzy p*ss.

Arggghhhh!!!

At this point, the raving lunatic in charge of my keyboard is beaten and thrown off a cliff.
Hmmmmmm......wonder who that was..... not nameing any names of course...!!!! But yeah, I've decided to give up drinking for the sake of a saturday night... but a glass (mug) of wine/ beer goes down well occaisionally... or even the old G&T.... hehehehehehehe
Last edited by 99yorkpj on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004-2006, Leigh Hunt B & Grecians' East.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

99yorkpj wrote:
darthmaul wrote:

Arggghhhh!!!

Long live real ale!
Hmmmmmm......wonder who that was..... not nameing any names of course...!!!! But yeah, I've decided to give up drinking for the sake of a saturday night... but a glass (mug) of wine/ beer goes down well occaisionally... or even the old G&T.... hehehehehehehe

......er ... and your point is 99Yorkpj??

That there is an absence in Grecians East that can only be filled from Grecians West?
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

DavebytheSea wrote:
99yorkpj wrote:
darthmaul wrote:

Arggghhhh!!!

Long live real ale!
......er ... and your point is 99Yorkpj??

That there is an absence in Grecians East that can only be filled from Grecians West?
I think, Pip, you have quoted wrong. (Fixed it. Forum Moderator)

And Dave...I very confused...
99yorkpj
Deputy Grecian

Post by 99yorkpj »

yeah, qoute went haywire sorry... but i assure you there is no shortage of the old booze in east... !!!
2004-2006, Leigh Hunt B & Grecians' East.
malteaser
2nd Former

Post by malteaser »

darthmaul wrote:Long live real ale!
hobgoblin is a particular favourite of mine, however old speckled hen is also rather good! :D
:twisted: smash the system :twisted:
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

darthmaul wrote:I say, do I strike you all as being rather strange, in that I don't drink myself silly at any given opportunity?

Saturday nights are rather sad from my perspective - and unfortunately rather funny at the same time. The fact that people find it all funny merely encourages them to do it again the following week.

(sigh)...
I never did - it was far more fun to watch the drunkards...

However, once I got into the club, that was a different matter as I could then drink legitamately...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
sport!
Deputy Grecian

Post by sport! »

Great Plum wrote:I never did - it was far more fun to watch the drunkards...

However, once I got into the club, that was a different matter as I could then drink legitamately...
I thought the illegitimacy was the fun part........
BaB, ColB 1973-80