CH's new security system

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Ever Bluer
3rd Former

CH's new security system

Post by Ever Bluer »

https://www.ifsecglobal.com/access-cont ... y-systems/

"The historic building [i.e. the entire complex of buildings] now has read in/read out access on all doors, helping to maintain the security of the site and its staff and students – which includes 1350 users of 144 doors.

"As every user needs to present their access token to get in and out of a building, the Net2 software provides reporting on how many people are on-site, in any given building, and even pinpoint the location of specific users in an emergency.

"To ensure the students' safety the security team will get a notification if students leave their dorms out of hours…

"The system has been in use since September and all staff, students and system administrators have given good feedback.

"There are now plans to further extend the system to secure all the internal doors on the higher floors of the boarding houses."
Foureyes
Grecian

Re: CH's new security system

Post by Foureyes »

"To ensure the students' safety the security team will get a notification if students leave their dorms out of hours…"
Good grief - such a system would never have stopped pinging in the 1950s!
:shock: David
MrEd
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by MrEd »

Sounds like a pea-dough's dream.

'If you leave the building, I will report you for breaching the rules.'
Otter
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Otter »

I remember for a short while in the 90s they brought in a system in certain areas (e.g. the library and certain rooms in the boarding house) where you had to scan a fob for the door to open.

They withdrew it after a few weeks when it became clear that anyone could simply pull hard on the door to force it open.