New people on the committee

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

New people on the committee

Post by Great Plum »

Hi all,

I believe that new people were due to join the committee - have we heard who these are yet?
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

If by Committee you mean Advisory Board, then nominations are still open - I'd like to encourage anyone interested to put in an application.

See here - gives an outline of some of the experience being sought:-
http://www.chassociation.org/advisoryboard.php

The board aims to get a representative spread of age, sex, and differing experiencing to provide a balance on the board - can't remember the exact wording, but it's something like that!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Yes I did mean that...

However, if you look at that bit you gave us:

"Meetings of the Board are held four times a year, either in London or Horsham. Horsham and Hertford Old Blues are invited to nominate themselves (or a fellow Old Blue) for these vacancies, by submitting a CV to the CHA Association Manager by 27th February 2006. Email: manager@chassociation.org or sv@christs-hospital.org.uk."

We are now in March and there is regretably no Association Manager.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Yes, good point.
I think with the uncertainty and the lack of CHA manager there has been an extension - I know that they were still open to nominations last week.

Regarding no CHA manager - all emails are going to Wendy, who will be passing them to the relevent people.

Anyone that's interested should submit details - even if they're not in this time round, I'm sure there'll be turnover and having a number of people who're interested for the future will always be useful....

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

OK, thanks!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Are stab-proof vests provided as part of the job ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

J.R. wrote:Are stab-proof vests provided as part of the job ?
Not only that, matey, but you are advised when served tea to swop the cups around and then wait for the person who has poured to taste her's first! Oh, and when walking along looking upwards to avoid a falling rock beware that you don't slip on a bananaskin. Yes, sir, its b****y dangerous out there!
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

jtaylor wrote:Yes, good point.
I think with the uncertainty and the lack of CHA manager there has been an extension - I know that they were still open to nominations last week.
Just out of interest, Julian, how was anybody supposed to know this?

I hope your ideas for improved communications can be made to happen!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I think communication has been in something of a hiatus(?sp) over the past few weeks.........and, what's more, I've no idea if there's an official extension or what.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

extension

jtaylor wrote:I think communication has been in something of a hiatus(?sp) over the past few weeks.........and, what's more, I've no idea if there's an official extension or what.
In the absence of both a chairman and a manager, who is there to make any decisions, anyway? Surely, everything is in suspense until there is somebody to sort things out?

It would also help if someone (I have no idea who it might be) would make an official statement as to the current position in the CHA. All the good work done by a lot of people, but particularly Sara and Julian is unravelling.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: extension

Post by jhopgood »

petard249 wrote:
jtaylor wrote:I think communication has been in something of a hiatus(?sp) over the past few weeks.........and, what's more, I've no idea if there's an official extension or what.
In the absence of both a chairman and a manager, who is there to make any decisions, anyway? Surely, everything is in suspense until there is somebody to sort things out?

It would also help if someone (I have no idea who it might be) would make an official statement as to the current position in the CHA. All the good work done by a lot of people, but particularly Sara and Julian is unravelling.
Before we all go hyper about all this, whilst it is true that there is no CHA manager, there is a very capable administrator, Wendy, who single handed administered for the CH Club for many years.
Also, we still have CHA Advisory Board chairman, who is as anxious as anyone to ensure that we do not blow what has been a fairly reasonable start.
Nominations to the Board were in, and the selection and nomination process should be completed prior to the next programmed meeting of the CHAAB at the beginning of May. This is not to say that last minute applications will be rejected, since it is in everyone's interest to get the best people on board.
Whilst it is true that in any voluntary organisation there are a few prime movers, it would be a pretty poor reflection on them if the whole thing folded in their absence.
So please, if you're really interested in being involved over a period get in touch, but negative thinking is not going to move us forward.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

jhopgood wrote:Also, we still have CHA Advisory Board chairman, who is as anxious as anyone to ensure that we do not blow what has been a fairly reasonable start.
This afternoon it was announced that JG has resigned - so what you had to say was overtaken by events - and pretty quickly, too!

As a matter of interest, if the applications for the Manager post have to be in by April 24 and the interviews take place in early May, what with the successfull person giving notice, etc, it seems doubtful that a new manager will be in post much before mid-June. Wendy will be one very busy lady!
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I'm also not sure about the "12 months contract" comment on the CHA Manager advert - not something I've heard about myself, but will be asking.

I would have thought that this would severely limit the number of applications, and that we'd therefore be less likely to attract the best person for the job if it's only for 12 months?
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992