First time visitor

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Bert
2nd Former

First time visitor

Post by Bert »

If people use this forum I believe it will be a great way to keep in touch :D
Ali
2nd Former

Post by Ali »

I agree - what a great idea this forum is.

The Old Blues network is vast, but very few facilities for contacting each other and sharing knowledge/experience/information exist.

What a cracking idea.......

Come on everyone, get posting!

Zandner
Alex4057
2nd Former

Post by Alex4057 »

Deffo's great plan congrats!
VDUB FORUM: http://www.volkszone.com
My VZI Username: England To Everest
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Unofficial Forum

Post by DavebytheSea »

Well done Julian! I wish the forum every success but at present can think of nothing useful or significant to post. Will go out to catch/eat fish in order to improve brain power.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
kenchick
2nd Former

Post by kenchick »

Great idea but how will this fit in with the new propossed Christ's Hospital Association which they hope to start when the CH Club finally dies early next year?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

At this point I'm not too sure regarding the CH association.
I have seen no clarity as yet on HOW it will better serve the CH and ex-CH communities, just that we're assured it WILL - I sincerely hope that it does, and we start to see some enhanced dynamism and engagement with Old Blues. I've raised my personal concerns, but with little response.

I would like to hope that this forum, or something very similar, could form a part of any new way of sharing knowledge, experience, involvement between Old Blues, and between Old Blues and the Pupils/Staff.

It seems a shame that there's so much goodwill out there, but un-tapped.
I know of Old Blues that have made offers of help, careers support etc. etc. that have never been acknowledged or taken up. This is certainly a missed opportunity.

Not everyone can give money to CH due to their circumstances, but if we can harness all that committment and good will, then people can give back time, effort and support, and maybe later in life be financially supporting the school if they can.

One of the ideas I haven't yet included on the forum is for a "wish list" section - this could be posted to by the CH Staff, telling what they're short of, or would like, for their boarding houses or departments. Old Blues can then have a look, contact the staff and offer to provide or purchase them - a small way of Old Blues helping out financially, and knowing what they contributed for their money?

J
Ali
2nd Former

Post by Ali »

I agree - it seems very unclear how the association will actually be different.
Would like to see a more balanced description of the pros and cons of the proposal, but haven't seen one yet.
QB_DeRuyter
2nd Former

Excellent Idea

Post by QB_DeRuyter »

I think this is an excellent idea, as I personally use forums alot to communicate with team mate, friends and people on my couse, so this is another way to communicate with an even larger group!
I'm hoping to move out to continue my studies in North America next year to study Computer Science or Audio Engineering as well as continuing to play american football. could any one help?
Many Thanks Oli
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

hello
yup..i think its a good plan..unofficial things always have a knack of working their way round dont they?

but hello anyway..
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
Sergiu Panaite
3rd Former

Post by Sergiu Panaite »

Hello, great idea! It was actually preceeded by two relatively different sites made & maintained by two people on my year (Matt Adams & Rohan Sherrard), but those sites were mainly aimed at our year. Makes sense to have a forum for everyone, we could help push it up in the Google rankings if those of us with websites link to it - it'll only mean people have more of a chance of finding it.
Best wishes (and I'll be around quite a lot, I work for an ISP after all..),
Serg
LaB '97-'98, MaA '98-'99, MaB '99-'01, GrE '01-'02 - confused?
Bagnaj97
2nd Former

Post by Bagnaj97 »

Excellent idea, I wonder how many people we can actually get on here?
Adam Bagnall
La.B 1997-2000 - Pe.B 2000-2003 - Gr.W 2003-04
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Bagnaj97 wrote:Excellent idea, I wonder how many people we can actually get on here?
hopefully quite a few, so adam, keep your BNP ideology to yerself, i'm confident you will :) . this is a forum for ALL.
The finger to the land of the chains!
WHAT? The land of the FREE?!
Whoever told you that is your ENEMY...
Bagnaj97
2nd Former

Post by Bagnaj97 »

Why does everyone think I have a BNP ideology:?: Just to clarify the matter, I DON'T HAVE A BNP IDEOLOGY!!!
Adam Bagnall
La.B 1997-2000 - Pe.B 2000-2003 - Gr.W 2003-04
Mary Clare
2nd Former

Post by Mary Clare »

Forum great idea, have been emailing others like mad... Hope they don't just ignore me...Hmmmm
Ba B 97-03/Gr E 03-04

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Hmm, this seems like a good idea, I wonder if it will catch on? :roll: