The Glorious seventies

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Re: The Glorious seventies

Post by LongGone »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:Well done EA
You beat me to it !! :oops:

"Brown" must be warned against the Pedant's Revolt !! :lol:

DS McNutt (Senior Classics Master and Ximines of the Times) wore no Hood in Chapel, rumour has it that HE had been Rusticated from Oxford (We know not why) but Oily Flecker had employed him because he was a brilliant scholar.

--- others may know more --- ?
I believe he had a double first in Classics from Jesus College, Cambridge.
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
PeA31
2nd Former

Post by PeA31 »

Mid A 15 wrote:Welcome to the forum Brown!

Did your buddy Andrew Quest have an older brother called Steve?

Steve was my vintage and a bastion of the 1st XV and 1st X1.
Would that have been 'Dulwich' Quest, so-called because he missed a penalty in the last minute against Dulwich which, if put over, would a) have secured the first victory against Duilwich since God was a boy, and, b) thereby won a case of champagne for the XV from Kit Aitken.
Chrissie Boy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Chrissie Boy »

Brown wrote: I also have absolutely no pictures of myself, so if anyone has any from this period, I'd love to get my hands on them.
Here's a classic shot of Fergus Brown c.1977. I remember him well, probably for all the wrong reasons.....

I think this picture was taken shortly after he'd had his head sawn open so that the peanut could be removed. Took a while for his hair to grow back.

Chris Grady
2nd Former

Post by Chris Grady »

Fergus - how brilliant to connect. I remember you. I must now have a read and find out all about your life !!
harryh
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by harryh »

fra828 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Brown wrote:
midget wrote:Hello Brown. You mention Andy Quest. Did he have a sister at Hertford? I remember the name Barbara Quest, but nothing else about her, except she was there in the late 1940s.
hi Midget. No, Andy didn't have a sister, but it could conceivably have been an aunt. Andy's mate Time Cuddeford's sister Becky was head girl in 79. Though I vividly remember some of the experiences when I visited (any red-blooded man would), I (understandably) can't recall too many of the girls' names.

:)
I remember Becky Cuddeford, we were in 8's together. She was several years younger than me, as I left age 17 in 1973. Sounded like a lot of the rules got relaxed when Miss Tucker got into the swing of headmistress. Still very strict in Oct 72 on long Sat when a group of us went by train to meet parents/friends at Liverpool St- we tried to put on make-up at the back-gate on the way out, but a member of staff spotted us and furiously told us : 'wipe that muck from your faces' . We were 16 after all for goodness sake!!
Sue Foakes? Yay or nay?