Old Blues who have worked at CH

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I needed to get 6 B's to get in with some of those being my a level subjects where applicable!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Alice83 wrote:Sorry to go back on topic here and I really cant be bothered to read all of it but has Matt ever mentioned that he has worked at CH? We both did a bit of work for CHE for a bit in the holidays - making beds and stuff. I remember before we were 16 they would pay us in book vouchers!!
I think I also worked in the sports centre for a little while cleaning the floors... nice...

and then I remember stripping the beds in the dorms after a CHE event with Will Avenell and piling all the linen and duvets at the bottom of the stairs before jumping down onto them...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Urgh - bed making. That job was a-w-f-u-l. 400 beds. Two/three days. On your marks - get set..... Go!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Luckily I only ever had to strip them....
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

I'm not sure that that's necessarily lucky.... having smelt some of the rooms and guessing what some of those visitors got up to.... <shudder>
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Hmm, that's true - I do remember wearing gloves...
Bob
2nd Former

Post by Bob »

Paul Deller, artist in residence when I was at CH, was taught by Mike O'Conner who I believe he replaced as head of art.
PeB 89, MaA 92-96
qwerty
2nd Former

Post by qwerty »

I seem to remember Nick Harper coming back as a bocker briefly, also Andy Williams was an old blue, came back to teach physics. Also I think someone called Zoe ??? she was barnes B house captin in the early 90's came back as an artist in residence.
paddy
3rd Former

Post by paddy »

I did a week or so in the Art Dept, during my time at Shefflield Poly studying for a Degree in Fine Art. I came down to CH to do some Super-8 film projects with the CH kids as part of my thesis. Was a bit of nonsense really. And I was only a few years older than the CH boys and girls, so it was all a bit wierd, really! Someone wrote "Art is Crap" on my car, as I recall!