CHOBA Website help? Volunteer needed...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

CHOBA Website help? Volunteer needed...

Post by jtaylor »

Are you a budding website designer? Want to get some experience helping to maintain and improve a website with ~20,000 hits a month? Want to given something back to CH with a little of your time? Something for your c.v., both in terms of voluntary work and learning some real web design skills??
I manage the CHOBA (www.chassociation.org) website on behalf of CH - and we're looking for someone with some experience of HTML and CSS website design (doesn't have to be anything flash, as we try to keep it simple an accessible) to take on some of the updates and improvements.
Interested? Drop me a message at juliantaylor@chassociation.org - don't be shy, we're really keen to get someone involved, and so do give me a shout!
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: CHOBA Website help? Volunteer needed...

Post by jtaylor »

I'm quite surprised! The demographic of the forum isn't quite as I'd expected....I've had 10 excellent volunteers, prompted by the CHOBA Website article, the CHOBA Newsletter, and LinkedIn. Nothing from the Forum!

No need for any more volunteers (unless someone's desperate to get involved) as I think we've got a great team who'll be able to take it forward.

Thanks to those who helped spread the word...

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Turning on the computer; checking email and Facebook - and periodically surfing the web is the extent of my technological abilities. Sorry - I would have been no help to you whatsoever!
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Kim2s70-77 wrote:Turning on the computer; checking email and Facebook - and periodically surfing the web is the extent of my technological abilities. Sorry - I would have been no help to you whatsoever!
Snap!

Apart from the facebook bit and work stuff.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

Glad you got some help, J(PF)T. And ten volunteers... most excellent. Will be good to see the site in new hands. :)
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design