Old Blue Clearout

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Florida Blue
2nd Former

Re: Old Blue Clearout

Post by Florida Blue »

ZeroDeConduite wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:00 am
Jabod2 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:41 pmthe small car that was manhandled during break in the 1/4 mile and wedged between 2 trees...
I seem to remember that was an Austin 7 (the pre-war variant) belonging to to a junior master (maybe music?) and the man-handling was done, very easily, by Beaky Davies and a fellow Harlequin rugby player. :D The only way to get the car out was to reverse the procedure, lifting the car out as the gap was too tiny to allow forward/backward movement.
I also remember that incident. I think that the owner of the vehicle was "Taffy " Fryer & Beaky's assistant in the caper was T.K. Vivian
(Prep.B/MaB. 46-53)
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

Trying to remember whose mini (Gunning's ?) was placed sideways in the cloister archway whilst we there.

I also still have a photo of the last morning of term on my deps (88?) when the year above had made a house of cards from toilet doors in the quad along with setting up a couple of classrooms (desks and blackboards), tied every rugby shirt they could find together arm to arm to garland the entire cloisters, placed a hard hat on Qu Vics Bust on Big school, dressed Edward in Housey and put a toilet role banner across big school stating "I guess some people are just born funny"
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

wurzel wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:55 pm Trying to remember whose mini (Gunning's ?) was placed sideways in the cloister archway whilst we there.

I also still have a photo of the last morning of term on my deps (88?) when the year above had made a house of cards from toilet doors in the quad along with setting up a couple of classrooms (desks and blackboards), tied every rugby shirt they could find together arm to arm to garland the entire cloisters, placed a hard hat on Qu Vics Bust on Big school, dressed Edward in Housey and put a toilet role banner across big school stating "I guess some people are just born funny"
Almost certainly Gladding’s mini
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

Great Plum wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:30 pm
wurzel wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:55 pm Trying to remember whose mini (Gunning's ?) was placed sideways in the cloister archway whilst we there.

Think he was after my time
Pe.A
Deputy Grecian

Post by Pe.A »

Great Plum wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:30 pm )

As i remember things, Gladding's mini was placed upside down in the copse outside Peele B at the end of my 2nd Form ('92). Think he started to lock it up in his garage after that. Think he only became housemaster in 1990. Not sure where he lived before that...