Anyone In Your House With You Now In The Public Eye?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

mattyjadams
2nd Former

Leo Gregory

Post by mattyjadams »

RE: Leo Greogory - He's got the main part in a film caleld Stoned about Brian Jones, and was shown on a recent Virgin Atlantic flight from the states. There have been many a interview with him on TV and actually one on right now on ITV. The film is out on release now.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: RUGBY

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:
huntertitus wrote:Odd you mention Goodwood - my uncle ran the motor racing circuit in the 60's and I met Brabham and Surtees among other boyhood heroes.
Since thios is the only communication method open to me, FWIW there is a PM to you answering that (politely, surprisingly) together with one to Spoonbill dated 14th Nov (beware surgery in Amersham - funny things come out of hospitals there), to JR today (don't stop taking the pills) and Simon K dated Feb 16th (answering a question about dinosaurs).

I've sent a message to Julian so don't be surprised if you get something totally out of date.
Amersham Hospitals ?

Epsom General 'aint much better.

Operation number four of a series on my right shoulder and arms, was on my left hand. This resulted in me coming home with MRSA the Christmas before last.

The up-side was that I was banned from our Doctor's surgery for dressings over the Christmas period, and was visited at home, daily, by a rather tasty District Nurse !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

huntertitus wrote:
sejintenej wrote:
huntertitus wrote:
Odd you mention Goodwood - my uncle ran the motor racing circuit in the 60's and I met Brabham and Surtees among other boyhood heroes.
Since this is the only communication method open to me, FWIW there is a PM to you answering that (politely, surprisingly) together with one to Spoonbill dated 14th Nov (beware surgery in Amersham - funny things come out of hospitals there), to JR today (don't stop taking the pills) and Simon K dated Feb 16th (answering a question about dinosaurs).
Can you attempt to explain what you are on about?
At least two of the four of you noticed that you had messages. As for the other two, have a look at the top of the screen when / if you log in.

(Only discovered after posting that it wasn't a software error but a failure by addressees to open their mail)

Comprende?
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

huntertitus wrote:
sejintenej wrote:
huntertitus wrote:
Odd you mention Goodwood - my uncle ran the motor racing circuit in the 60's and I met Brabham and Surtees among other boyhood heroes.
Since thios is the only communication method open to me, FWIW there is a PM to you answering that (politely, surprisingly) together with one to Spoonbill dated 14th Nov (beware surgery in Amersham - funny things come out of hospitals there), to JR today (don't stop taking the pills) and Simon K dated Feb 16th (answering a question about dinosaurs).

I've sent a message to Julian so don't be surprised if you get something totally out of date.
Can you attempt to explain what you are on about?

THIOS = planet in the star system ZOG??

Communication method???

Beware surgery in AMERSHAM?????

Is this a code from the other side???????

Or an anorak who is lost in space maybe fell off the Star Trek forum?
I don't work in amersham, at the surgery or anywhere else, well not any more.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Going back to the subject of the thread, anyone at CH around 1920 to 1930?

I've got a problem here - a father and son, both with the same name and both in the same business and both famous but I think it was the dad..

Father born 1912 but the although the photo looks far too recent he refers to getting a sixpence after the St Matthews Day parade. (It was a shilling in 1952). Also the photo was taken at age 8. Married to Elizabeth (one day she'll get around to me) Taylor by whom this son was born.

To see him in CH uniform and read his comments go to

http://www.archivist.f2s.com/bsu/ch/memoirs.htm
sport!
Deputy Grecian

Post by sport! »

sejintenej wrote:
petard249 wrote:Earlier someone asked whether Housie has ever produced an England rugby player? Admittedly some time ago, but during my time (1948-55) a mster named WPC Davies played for England and another master, Norman(?) Fryer, either played for or had a trial for Wales.
Someone called Silk had cricket and rugby Englands caps, allegedly.

Kit Aitken (Housemaster, Col A) also played for Harlequins.
Peter Warfield (Rosslyn Park and England) was an assistant master in Col. B for a brief period in the 70s.......had a nice Rolls too as I recall, which a certain person threw up in.......
BaB, ColB 1973-80
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

sport! wrote: Peter Warfield (Rosslyn Park and England) was an assistant master in Col. B for a brief period in the 70s.......had a nice Rolls too as I recall, which a certain person threw up in.......
AND he had a Morgan........

He always said the Roller belonged to his mother.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Richard Ruck wrote:
sport! wrote: Peter Warfield (Rosslyn Park and England) was an assistant master in Col. B for a brief period in the 70s.......had a nice Rolls too as I recall, which a certain person threw up in.......

Good taste in cars obviously ran in the family.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

englishangel wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:

Aren't Rollers thought to be a bit common these days?

Don't drive, myself, so I don't get too excited about cars. Morgans ARE nice, though.

Blimey, this is my 1000th. post, by the way. I was going to celebrate either by trying to disprove the existence of an omniscient and omnipotent Judaeo-Christian deity, or by posting a knob-gag. Either way I would undoubtedly have upset someone, so perhaps low-key is the best way......

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

sejintenej wrote:Going back to the subject of the thread, anyone at CH around 1920 to 1930?

I've got a problem here - a father and son, both with the same name and both in the same business and both famous but I think it was the dad..

Father born 1912 but the although the photo looks far too recent he refers to getting a sixpence after the St Matthews Day parade. (It was a shilling in 1952). Also the photo was taken at age 8. Married to Elizabeth (one day she'll get around to me) Taylor by whom this son was born.

That looks awfully like me in the first photo around the fountain ......... When was it taken? If 1952 it actually could have been me!

I am in touch with Bill Spenceley (Mid B 1924-29). His picture as a squit is in the photo topic. What is it exactly that you want to know? PM me if you like if it is not of general interest.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Richard Ruck wrote:
englishangel wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote: AND he had a Morgan........

Aren't Rollers thought to be a bit common these days?

Don't drive, myself, so I don't get too excited about cars. Morgans ARE nice, though.

Blimey, this is my 1000th. post, by the way. I was going to celebrate either by trying to disprove the existence of an omniscient and omnipotent Judaeo-Christian deity, or by posting a knob-gag. Either way I would undoubtedly have upset someone, so perhaps low-key is the best way......
Well many congratulations - looks like you will soon overtake me...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Re: Buttons

Post by Richard Ruck »

Great Plum wrote: Well many congratulations - looks like you will soon overtake me...
Oh I doubt it! :lol:

This leaves J.R. as the only Grecian - I'm sure that won't last long, though, then we'll have NO Grecians for a while.

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

DavebytheSea wrote:
sejintenej wrote:Going back to the subject of the thread, anyone at CH around 1920 to 1930?

That looks awfully like me in the first photo around the fountain ......... When was it taken? If 1952 it actually could have been me!
Unless you are Michael Wilding, film star, who died in about 1952 .....

At least that brought another site to your attention

I am in touch with Bill Spenceley (Mid B 1924-29). His picture as a squit is in the photo topic.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Buttons

Post by J.R. »

Richard Ruck wrote:
Great Plum wrote: Well many congratulations - looks like you will soon overtake me...
Oh I doubt it! :lol:

This leaves J.R. as the only Grecian - I'm sure that won't last long, though, then we'll have NO Grecians for a while.
Emma-Jane has been very quiet of late, and she started off so quickly, metaphorically speaking !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Only 35 posts for your buttons, John!