Is There Another Old Blues' Forum Elsewhere?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Chrissie Boy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Is There Another Old Blues' Forum Elsewhere?

Post by Chrissie Boy »

I can't help noticing that the House Photos section here doesn't include any halfway-recent house photographs or even any photos of the girls' houses at Horsham, even all these years on. Is this because there's another web forum for OBs elsewhere, where the relatively young and the relatively hip hang out (and from which grey-haired old gits like myself are banned as a matter of policy, for fear that we'd make the place smell of embalming fluid)?

Photos have even begun vanishing from the House Photos section on this site, presumably because if you don't use your Photobucket account for several years they automatically delete it and all your photos with it, so the link to the pictures is lost. Is there no way of storing photos somewhere on this website as part of one's account? If not, I fear that more pictures will gradually vanish as the OBs who originally posted them slowly fade away.

Anyone fancy building an online archive of CH photos which'll endure for all time?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Is There Another Old Blues' Forum Elsewhere?

Post by Mid A 15 »

Chrissie Boy wrote:I can't help noticing that the House Photos section here doesn't include any halfway-recent house photographs or even any photos of the girls' houses at Horsham, even all these years on. Is this because there's another web forum for OBs elsewhere, where the relatively young and the relatively hip hang out (and from which grey-haired old gits like myself are banned as a matter of policy, for fear that we'd make the place smell of embalming fluid)?

Photos have even begun vanishing from the House Photos section on this site, presumably because if you don't use your Photobucket account for several years they automatically delete it and all your photos with it, so the link to the pictures is lost. Is there no way of storing photos somewhere on this website as part of one's account? If not, I fear that more pictures will gradually vanish as the OBs who originally posted them slowly fade away.

Anyone fancy building an online archive of CH photos which'll endure for all time?

The Old Blue Ladies have their own Facebook forum which I believe is both female only and invitation only.

Katharine still posts here fairly regularly and one or two others on a more occasional basis but most have disappeared to Facebook.

Whether there is anything else on Facebook or elsewhere I have no idea.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

I think there's an OB Tinder group; you just swipe away until you find it.
Requested Removal 18
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Requested Removal 18 »

There's a fair number of photos on the FB group I look after (link in my sig) but it is a closed group so you will need to apply to join. I was a keen photographer at CH so pretty much always had a camera handy. I have just discovered several thousand photos in negative form which I am looking to scan - just need a decent scanner to do so...
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Mid A 15 wrote:
The Old Blue Ladies have their own Facebook forum which I believe is both female only and invitation only.

Katharine still posts here fairly regularly and one or two others on a more occasional basis but most have disappeared to Facebook.

Whether there is anything else on Facebook or elsewhere I have no idea.
The CH Ladies Facebook group is all Hertford chat and is primarily made up of those who were solely at Hertford. There are a few of us on there who were at both schools.

As mentioned above, there is a leavers from 1990 or thereabouts group as well.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41