Visiting the Tower in uniform

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Visiting the Tower in uniform

Post by sejintenej »

michael scuffil wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 pm
I judge the story of the annual meeting of the mayors to be an urban myth, as also (certainly) the story that Buck House requires a drinks licence. As HM doesn't charge state visitors for their drinks (Vodka, Mr President? That'll be 30 pounds. Credit card? That'll do nicely.), it wouldn't need one. The bars in the Palace of Westminster don't require magistrates' licences either, even though they do sell drinks.
Sorry about the delay, Michael. I thought I answered that.
The annual meeting; we were told that by one of the Lord Mayor's office who have to arrange

What I did once write about was Buckingham Palace. Why I don't know but my wife's cousin was the police officer who had to appear before the magistrates and declare that the Police had no objection to an alcohol licence being granted to Buckingham Palace. My understanding, given the frequencty, was that it related to formal dinners given there - No I don't understand why a licence should be required but it might be one of thise quirks of law.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Post by Spoonbill »

J.R. wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Highly inteligent, as are their cousins in the bird world. They also have their dedicated keeper to care for their welfare.

Would that be you by any chance, John? One of the many strings to your bow? I know you don't like to boast about your achievements.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I was never in the armed forces so couldn't have been a 'beefeater'.

Sorry to disappoint !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Spoonbill wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 am
J.R. wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Highly inteligent, as are their cousins in the bird world. They also have their dedicated keeper to care for their welfare.
:D
Would that be you by any chance, John? One of the many strings to your bow? I know you don't like to boast about your achievements.
Hey, Little Willie. Given my age I have to be careful and laughing so much is good of the styx boatman and bad for me. Also I'm short of his groat :D :D :D :D
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!