Photograph of Ernest Richard McCall

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Re: Photograph of Ernest Richard McCall

Post by Spoonbill »

It remains unclear to me just what alleged offence this person is believed to have committed.

Isn't he merely a man about whom there were rumours and nothing more?

Until such time as someone actually goes to the police about something solid relating to ERM, it doesn't quite seem right to tar him with any sort of a brush.

Or have I missed something?
Last edited by Spoonbill on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

He has been the subject of report to the police Spoony.
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Post by Spoonbill »

Looks like I've missed something, then. Whoops.

I figured that ERM hadn't been accused of anything, or why wouldn't this thread be in the Historical Abuse & Related Discussions section?
Otter
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Otter »

Spoonbill wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:19 am Looks like I've missed something, then. Whoops.

I figured that ERM hadn't been accused of anything, or why wouldn't this thread be in the Historical Abuse & Related Discussions section?
I was the one who suggested the initial thread about him be moved away from the abuse section - rightly or wrongly.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5232

If you read the first page or so of the thread, it is fairly banal discussion about what became of him after leaving CH. No mention of any alleged wrongdoing. A mention of him leaving suddenly, but not everyone who leaves suddenly does so for dodgy reasons.

As someone who’d never heard of this Mr McCall, I found it bizarre why an ordinary “Remember him? What’s he up to these days?” discussion about him - as there are on here about many other teachers - had been put in the abuse section of the forum, as there had at that time been no mention of anything like that regarding him. I thought maybe it was in that section in error, so I raised this.

Obviously it’s up to the mods where they want it to go, as there have been no charges but now several forum allegations.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

richardb wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 am He has been the subject of report to the police Spoony.
We have an occasional contributor who is

a) a teacher there and
b) living in Thailand

I have no idea exactly where he lives or what contacts he has. On the off chance he might just be able to check if it is the same man in which case the police might be interested in such confirmation

Do we have any other OBs in Thailand / Pattaya? Perhaps Horsham could help.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!