CHOBA Carol Concert

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Katharine
Button Grecian

CHOBA Carol Concert

Post by Katharine »

Don’t know if this comment should be on the Politics Thread.

It seemed somewhat ironic to get an official invitation to the Carol Concert on Thursday 12 December today. I wonder what else we might be doing that day?
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: CHOBA Carol Concert

Post by Golfer »

Apart from being a Housemaster and being in charge of the UCAS applications for a whole year, the hardest CH job I had was being i/c Chapel Seating. The toughest challenge was the Carol Service. Health and Safety eventually decided that you could only issue enough tickets as there were seats. Before that my task was to issue enough tickets so that the last row of the gallery was taken up. God knows how I would have worked that out on 12 December 2019 !! I guess that 12 December might see the lowest ever turnout at the Carol Service ever, Or not.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: CHOBA Carol Concert

Post by sejintenej »

I think Katharine's use of the word "ironic" was very well thought out. Perhaps other OBs and parents suffer from appointments overload - I am already booked for November 16th 2020 (birthday party not mine) and November 19th 2020 (big annual boozeup as many winelovers will recognise) .
It is too late to make bookings in November 2019 -( I am waiting for the date for the 60th anniversary for 1961 leavers since I seem to miss all the OB's Days)!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!