RESEARCH - FLYING BOMB

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

Re: RESEARCH - FLYING BOMB

Post by Foureyes »

I have a copy of the Kriegstagebuch (war diary) of FlakRegt 155(W), which was the launcher regiment for the V-1. I can assure you that the rogue missiles (known to the Germans as Kreißläufer) which were launched from the Pas de Calais sites and ended up near Paris, etc, were aimed at London. It is certainly correct that there were many launches against Antwerp, but that came much later.
David :shock:
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

Not sure if this article from West Sussex County Times might be of interest

https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/heritag ... ry-2934894

Marlands was/is the first big house going down towards Barns Green from Sharpenhurst https://goo.gl/maps/QMjRBhQzLHtByA4o6

Various bits of info on there re the CH V1 as well
Foureyes
Grecian

Post by Foureyes »

Thank you. Yes - it is an excellent article - especially as it says that I am correct! :oops:
Curiously, the old lady's diary introduces a new factor, which is damage to the railway station - I have never come across that before.
The inescapable fact is that if the V-1 had landed 200 yards short of where it did,it would have destroyed the Sicker and its 40-odd patients, and 200 yards short of that it would have been Maine A. A very fortunate escape.
Thanks again,
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Very interesting, thanks David - keep up the good work!
Foureyes
Grecian

Post by Foureyes »

I have now completed my research into the Flying Bomb and sent copies to the Museum and the Library to whom any further queries should be addressed. However, I would like to thank all those Old Blues who helped me with memories and information. I have now moved on.