The Christ's Hospital Book

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Was I ripped off?

You were well ripped off, mate!
27%
That's a fair price,
64%
A bargain!!
9%

Total votes: 11

UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

BIANCA LIBRARY

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Great Plum wrote:I help enter books on an online bookstore (http://www.biancolibrary.com) in my spare time - ABE is a bit of hit and miss to be honest - there are a lot of unscrupulous book dealers who sell tat at low prices...
As I use AbeBooks from time to time I thought it would be worth looking at the biancalibrary site and the lists look very interesting. However, no matter what word/s I put into the search function I always get the reply "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's hospital') AND Status = 'For Sale' AND AskingPrice > 0' at lin" Frankly, this means absolutely nothing to me and I have no idea whether it is my fault, btinternet's fault or bianca's fault, but I pass this on, Great Plum, in case it helps you.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Davi - I've passed that onto Anthony who runs the site - I'll see what he says...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

I was at a country fair a while ago and looked at a second hand book stall. There was a large selection of CH stuff, including several of the CH Book, can't remember prices. Naturally I commented on this. The stall holder said that at almost every event she met at least a couple of Old Blues, and that it must have been quite a remarkable school. (We could have told her that!!)
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Mark1 »

Hannoir wrote:i thought it was the one that came out a few years ago
I think you must be refering to "Christ's Hospital In The Year 2000"
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: BIANCA LIBRARY

Post by Great Plum »

petard249 wrote:
Great Plum wrote:I help enter books on an online bookstore (http://www.biancolibrary.com) in my spare time - ABE is a bit of hit and miss to be honest - there are a lot of unscrupulous book dealers who sell tat at low prices...
As I use AbeBooks from time to time I thought it would be worth looking at the biancalibrary site and the lists look very interesting. However, no matter what word/s I put into the search function I always get the reply "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's hospital') AND Status = 'For Sale' AND AskingPrice > 0' at lin" Frankly, this means absolutely nothing to me and I have no idea whether it is my fault, btinternet's fault or bianca's fault, but I pass this on, Great Plum, in case it helps you.
David - try the biancolibrary.com site again...

This is what was said by the developer of the site...

"The error on the site reported I managed to replicate. The user is using single quotes (apostrophes) to encapsulate the search term. This wreaks havoc with the SQL statements that query the database. This is completely my fault, and something that is due entirely to my inexperience when I wrote the site.

I need to protect the search form from its current “SQL Injection” vulverability
."

So please try and search without quotes and it should work fine... let me know how you get on... in the meantime they are fixing the site...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Got a copy through ABE books for a £5.
Does anyone else think that the painting of Constant Lambert (opposite page 304) looks remarkably like the boy who was lead singer in the rock band on channel 4 rock school?
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Gosh, yes.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"