Do you or an OB you know live in Yorkshire?

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Do you or an OB you know live in Yorkshire?

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Megan Godden (nee Fisher) and I are the joint administrators of the Old Blues Asssociation in Yorkshire. However we are a bit light on members. If you, or an OB you know, lives in Yorkshire, please could you put us in touch?

The "official" email address of Yorkshire OBs is yorkshireoldblues@googlemail.com so that's the address to use.

Thanks! :-)

Tim
Tim Benjamin
PeB: 87-90 :)
PeA: 90-91 :(
MidB: 91-93 :D
http://www.timbenjamin.com
Clements Theory: http://www.clementstheory.com - E-learn music theory!
Study guides and thousands of practice questions for Associated Board Grade 5 Theory
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Re: Do you or an OB you know live in Yorkshire?

Post by cstegerlewis »

Tom Welch from Mid A class of 88 is in Leeds - sorry I only have facebook details
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Tim »

Thanks!

Are you in touch with him via FB then? If so would you mind letting him know about Yorkshire Old Blues, and if he's interested could he send an email with his contact details to yorkshireoldblues@googlemail.com?

Tim
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I know a number of Hertford OB's in Yorkshire, Tim... but it's a big place! Do you intend to be 'based' in any particular place?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Tim »

Well I'm in Todmorden (right at the western edge), and my fellow secretary of the YOBs is Megan Godden who's based near York I believe. I think we'll probably go for organising some events in York or Harrogate, particularly as a generous OB has offered us a great venue. Whether that means we are based there is up to you! :)

- I know it's a big place but we've been tasked with the entire county... still at least we're not the Australian Old Blues!

If you could possibly ask the Hertford OBs to email yorkshireoldblues@googlemail.com with their contact details that would be terrific!

Thanks,
Tim.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Tim wrote:Well I'm in Todmorden (right at the western edge), and my fellow secretary of the YOBs is Megan Godden who's based near York I believe. I think we'll probably go for organising some events in York or Harrogate, particularly as a generous OB has offered us a great venue. Whether that means we are based there is up to you! :)

- I know it's a big place but we've been tasked with the entire county... still at least we're not the Australian Old Blues!

Thanks,
Tim.

Ah, but we are used to travelling huge distances for brief visits; and, thanks to Sir Richard, can often fly from one end of the continent to the other for less than it cost me to travel a much shorter distance by train in UK.

Drove 1300 km last weekend. Three adults and three dogs in the car. All good until one of the dogs vomited up the putrified sleepy lizard that she must have eaten shortly before we left. The car still reeks.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Thanks for sharing that Caroline. (time in UK 1330)
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

englishangel wrote:Thanks for sharing that Caroline. (time in UK 1330)

You are very welcome Mary :twisted:

To bring this back to topic, I will include the fact that we both know one OB who resides in Yorkshire, but I am refraining from outting her.

xx
Liz Jay
Deputy Grecian

Post by Liz Jay »

Hi

Just picked up on this - I live just north of York

Liz
Liz (was Plummer now Jay)
Ex - Sixes ''66 - ''68
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Caroline kept quiet about you, Liz! Just in case!
Hope you and all your animaux are well.
Kerren

(I still have to e mail the Hertford Old Blues of my generation who live in Yorkshire... but it is big! One near Darlington, another near Keighley and another near York.....)
Kerren Simmonds
Liz Jay
Deputy Grecian

Post by Liz Jay »

Just in case WHAT Kerren....??

Since I have reached the age where I only do things I want to do, I'm hoping public knowledge of my approximate whereabouts will not cause too many unwelcome consequences <G>

All animals/birds in residence keeping pretty well at the mo. Senior dog Jess seems to have made a full recovery from the mystery illness/possible spinal stroke which laid her low a couple of months ago, and is now plodding with great dignity in the direction of her fifteenth birthday. At the other end of the scale, the pups (sired by the late Blaze) are being launched on their showing careers and doing nicely thankyou - four have already won Crufts-qualifying places - poor Blaze left quite a legacy.

The cats are losing their winter coats though. I'm doing LOTS of combing! Does this mean Spring is just around the corner???

Liz
Liz (was Plummer now Jay)
Ex - Sixes ''66 - ''68
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Not here it isn't, and even Angela in Devon has only just seen her first snowdrops.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Co-incidentally, I'm being persuaded to move again in the case of granny services being required - maybe in the next year or so - to Yorkshire!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

oooohhhh, how exciting. I love Yorkshire, as anyone who has seen my holiday pics will attest. Husband from Doncaster, nurse training in Sheffield.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

So are you going to be joining the new Yorkshire OB's, Mary?
Liz.... Caroline (and I) were just suggesting that we would not 'out' you, unless you wanted it.....and I appreciate your response on that. Glad that things are going well with your babies (dogs...) etc!
And maybe Munch will join this Group as well, in due time. How exciting......but what a move, from Devon to Yorkshire.
I am forwarding details of this Group to other Hertford Old Blues that I know in Yorkshire and will let them make their own responses.
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds