Advice on yacht deliveries please!!

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

tomday55
2nd Former

Advice on yacht deliveries please!!

Post by tomday55 »

Hi all, I have just left CH, and am a new user of this, so if i have posted this message to the wrong place, apologies!!!
I am on my gap year, and want to travel but differently to all my friends. I have taking my Costal Skipper qualification, and want to work delivering yachts this year, from about march/april time until I go to uni in october, with the intention of moving back into the indusrty afterwards. i was wondering if anyone is involved in the sailing industry or know of people who are that can point me in the right direction?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
thanks,
tom
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

YACHTS, etc

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

tomday55 wrote:I am on my gap year, and want to travel but differently to all my friends. I have taking my Costal Skipper qualification, and want to work delivering yachts this year, from about march/april time until I go to uni in october, with the intention of moving back into the indusrty afterwards. i was wondering if anyone is involved in the sailing industry or know of people who are that can point me in the right direction?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tom, I cannot help you directly, but suggest that you contact the following Old Blues as soon as possible:

1. David Taplin, who is not, as far as I know on the CH Forum, but his e-mail address is: coliemore@hotmail.com
2. David Eastburn who is on this Forum as "Davebythesea." Both are very enthusiastic yachtsmen and keen to get Old Blues involved. Both live in the Devon/Cornwall area. Over to you,
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Dave Eastburn is davebythesea@aol.com
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
tomday55
2nd Former

Thanks

Post by tomday55 »

Thanks for that, much appreciated!!
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Tom - do post your progress on here, and let us know if you get anything.
Always good to hear when/if the forum has helped Old Blues, especially those recent leavers.

Cheers, and welcome to the forum!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.