Charity work in Sri Lanka.....Year off....volunteers needed.

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Warren Lockner
2nd Former

Charity work in Sri Lanka.....Year off....volunteers needed.

Post by Warren Lockner »

I am just in the process of building a small school in Sri Lanka for poor children to give them additional schooling support to help with English and potentially computer studies. The teaching staff are 50% local Sri Lankan and good kind people. For the other half, I am going to be looking for young English-speaking volunteers that would be interested in spending 2-3 months in Sri lanka helping with the school.

The school will be built with onsite living quarters for 1-2 volunteers.

It occurred to me that this might be a great thing for seniors before their final year or recent Grecians that are taking a year off to get some amazing travel / world experience and do a good turn as well.

The offer would be fairly miserly.....pretty much self funded...although you can live quite comfortably for 30 pounds a month there.......so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for a volunteer.....

School will be complete in February and the web site in April. Drop me a line if you are interested....