Sorry - not in Old Peoples' Home yet, I've just been away

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Sorry - not in Old Peoples' Home yet, I've just been away

Post by DavebytheSea »

Contrary to popular belief, I have not yet been consigned to an Old People's Home. My absence from the forum has been due to many factors - editing the OB section of the Blue among others.

I'm just back from 4 weeks in Tenerife, and have been told at 6:00 this morning that I have to go out to speak at a meeting in Gran Canaria on Thursday. I am far too old for all this travelling and feel exhausted!

Jonathan and the rest of the family came home more or less as planned (except their flight was cancelled), but I was asked to stay out in an official capacity for an extra 8 days. Hence I had to struggle back on my own, AND they had left all the stuff so that case weighed 30 kilos! Meanwhile because they had messed things up, Iberia flew the rest of them home Business Class on both legs of the journey - lucky devils!

All of us (including Chloe Mahoney - ex Grecians East - and her parents) enjoyed a quiet Christmas, attending All Saints Church - the Anglican Church in Puerto de la Cruz - on Christmas morning and the open air concert by the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra in the evening. This is always a big occasion with an audience of nearly 10,000, and is widely televised throughout the Spanish speaking world.

Once I have recovered from all of this gadding about, I will try and insert something on the Limerick thread.

Happy New Year to everyone
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Sorry - not in Old Peoples' Home yet, I've just been away

Post by J.R. »

Glad you're fit and well David - AND keeping so busy. It must be the tonic wine ! :drinkers:

I'm just pleased to be slowing down a little.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: Sorry - not in Old Peoples' Home yet, I've just been away

Post by Great Plum »

Sounds awful... I'm not jealous at all... hmmm
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99