Searching for a Placement

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

LukeT
2nd Former

Searching for a Placement

Post by LukeT »

Hi,

My name is Luke and I've been an old blue since 2011. I’m currently in the second year of a four year degree course at Loughborough University, studying Management Sciences (a business degree). The third year of this course is a mandatory work placement.

I’m really interested in the possibility of working abroad, particularly in New York so I was wondering whether there are any Old Blues who could help me with contacts, connections, or even a potential job?

I’m ideally looking for something in the business sector and with New York being one of the business “capitals” of the world I think it would be great for my career and potentially open up a wider range of paths once I graduate. On top of this the opportunity to spend a year experiencing life in a major overseas city is one that has always appealed to me.

Finally, I play a sport called One Wall Handball and as New York is “the place to be” it would give me the opportunity to really improve my game by competing against the best players in the world.

If anyone has any guidance, advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Luke Thomson
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Searching for a Placement

Post by Mid A 15 »

LukeT wrote:Hi,

My name is Luke and I've been an old blue since 2011. I’m currently in the second year of a four year degree course at Loughborough University, studying Management Sciences (a business degree). The third year of this course is a mandatory work placement.

I’m really interested in the possibility of working abroad, particularly in New York so I was wondering whether there are any Old Blues who could help me with contacts, connections, or even a potential job?

I’m ideally looking for something in the business sector and with New York being one of the business “capitals” of the world I think it would be great for my career and potentially open up a wider range of paths once I graduate. On top of this the opportunity to spend a year experiencing life in a major overseas city is one that has always appealed to me.

Finally, I play a sport called One Wall Handball and as New York is “the place to be” it would give me the opportunity to really improve my game by competing against the best players in the world.

If anyone has any guidance, advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Luke Thomson
Hello Luke welcome to the forum!

Have you considered contacting the USA Friends of Christ's Hospital section?

The secretary, Mark Laichena, is a "young" Old Blue and used to post on here quite regularly at one time.

You might be able to contact him ( or any of the others shown at 27 October 2012) via Margaret Wadman as I cannot see a e mail address on the link.

http://www.chassociation.org/sections/o ... dsofch.php

Good luck!

EDIT: Looking again Belinda Reiser might be the one to contact and there is an e mail address shown if you scroll down a bit which I've not posted here for obvious reasons!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72