Conspiracy theory - Iran captives?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Conspiracy theory - Iran captives?

Post by jtaylor »

Call me a paranoid nutter (not all at once please) - but it seems rather "convenient" that this crisis with Iran is happening now??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6498611.stm

Could this be the excuse to light the blue touch-paper??
Is this the UK helping-out the US, to provide the spark that creates enough hostility? i.e. we deliberately went into Iranian waters, got captured, in order to give an excuse to go into Iran (even if it's just the SAS initially) to then sort out the nuclear situation?

I can't imagine that Israel will ever let Iran even get close to getting nuclear (or nucular, as the BBC says) bomb......pre-emptive strike anyone?
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Woulds this invasion have more support?
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

From what I could see they weren't even IN Iranian waters.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Apparantly not - but who do you trust?
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

The americans have said that they weren't in iranian waters, however reports have shown that according to the Satalite Navigation systems on the boat, they had crossed over into Iranian Waters.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/ ... ME_2604845

The Times quoted "Commodore Nick Lambert, the commander of HMS Cornwall, said that a helicopter monitored the boats being moved up the Shatt al-Arab waterway, which demarcates the Iran-Iraq border, towards an Iranian base"

If they were in Iraqi waters then why didn't we intervene?
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Although I don't believe this is a conspiracy so America can invade Iran I do find one fact puzzling. Britain (and Iraq) are insisting that the 15 were in Iraqi waters. If so then that means the Iranians who took/kidnapped/captured them were trespassing (as they would have to be in Iraqi waters too). If this was the case then surely Britain and Iraq would be accusing Iran of trespass? Or maybe they're just more concerned with the safe return of the 15... Personally, I think this is just childish posturing by Iran and they'll all be released within a week.
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I purposely didn't post on this subject when this act of piracy first occured.

I am somewhat intrigued by Mr Blair's comment that if our 15 Naval personnel aren't released, the matter will escalate. Bit late, isn't it ???

OK - I'm basically a Hawk and believe that our Governement should have immediately started sabre rattling when the Iranians first ILLEGALLY seized our troops.

My main fear is for the one woman A.B. who has been kidnapped. We all know what the Islamic fundamentalists think of women and how they treat them ! She is married to a Petty Officer and has a young child.

If I was in Government I would already have drawn up a list of Iranians in this country, advised their embassy and kicked them out with 24 hours.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

This is a sensitive situation given the proximity of Dubai to Iran and consequently needs careful handling.

If things do escalate not only are the 15 service personnel in potential danger but also a large expat population in Dubai.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:This is a sensitive situation given the proximity of Dubai to Iran and consequently needs careful handling.

If things do escalate not only are the 15 service personnel in potential danger but also a large expat population in Dubai.
Lets hope Peter Donaldson, (Col. B. with me), is back from Dubai then.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Now those kidnapping pirates have the bl00dy nerve to parade our forces, obviously forcing the only female to make a scripted response to the capture.

To cap it all, they force her to wear an islamic, (note NO capital 'i'), head-dress.

Luckily, we have very few of that religion persuasion near me, but I now intend to take it upon myself to demand any woman wearing such a head-dress in my presence, to remove it as being un-British and religiously offensive to me !

I don't care if the moderators DO edit/delete this post.

I am furious.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

An MP from Bradford has put down an early day motion that the mosques might like to fly the Union flags to show they are British. apparently the Mosques in Oz are flying the Ozzie flag.

Predictably the response was quite vehement and said that why isn't it suggested to sikhs and Hindus do it too.

No-one dared suggesat that it is becasue Sikh and Hindu youths don't go around blowing up things.

My daughter said she wasn't Islamophobic and her brother said, "that is why you keep mauling Taymor (her best boy mate and Iranian) then, to prove you are not Islamophobic?"
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

J.R. wrote:
Mid A 15 wrote:This is a sensitive situation given the proximity of Dubai to Iran and consequently needs careful handling.

Lets hope Peter Donaldson, (Col. B. with me), is back from Dubai then.
John,

I heard a Peter Donaldson on "Front Row," a Radio 4 arts programme, tonight reading a short story.

Could he be "your" one?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Faye Turney

Post by Angela Woodford »

I felt appalled and anxious to see Faye Turney in an Islamic headscarf with a seemingly submissive demeanor. V unnatural.

Angela
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

J.R. wrote:
To cap it all, they force her to wear an islamic, (note NO capital 'i'), head-dress.

Luckily, we have very few of that religion persuasion near me, but I now intend to take it upon myself to demand any woman wearing such a head-dress in my presence, to remove it as being un-British and religiously offensive to me !

I don't care if the moderators DO edit/delete this post.

I am furious.
Ahhh multicultural Britian hey - JR I think thats a very ignorant answer. Is it really offensive to you or are you just saying that?? If it is, then how???

I'm sorry JR but you have really shown what the problem with British society is. I'm not a muslim but that has really offended me, Take each person for who they are and not what they wear!!!!!!!!!!

Was going to Aim this at JR but i'll aim it to everyone. CH Is a multicultural society, and i think the things said on this Thread could cause offence.
Last edited by peter2095 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

If you go to a muslim country then there are times that you are expected to wear it.

Are you offended by the BBC New correspondant who is out there. She is British but she wears one!!!!

Its not demeaning in any sense!!!!!!