DBTS Birthday!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

DBTS Birthday!

Post by Angela Woodford »

Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday, David - hoping that you're not in peril on the sea, but will have a great day!

Love from Angela
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: DBTS Birthday!

Post by J.R. »

... and the same from me !!

:drinkers:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Hope you have a great day David and that all is well with you and yours. :drinkers:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Have a great day!
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Happy Birthday DBTS

Hope you have had the most fantastic day :)
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Happy Birthday, young David.

Maggie
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Happy Birthday David
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Wow!

What a lot of lovely people on here! Thank you all so much. I feel 70 deserves another entry or two on the limerick thread!

TATOC has kept me on the go since December, and I seem to have been travelling constantly - and it goes on pretty much until the end of April, at least. Hence my contributions here are few and far between for, whenever I get home, there are stacks of bills to pay and other boring things to attend to. However, I feel I have many friends here, and I always try to glance at the forum whenever I can and from wherever I am.

They gave me a rest day on Tuesday in London last Tuesday and I was able to hear Schola sing evensong in St Paul's Cathedral on Monday evening. They sang the Taverner service unaccompanied to perfection - difficult and challenging stuff and so brave! Whilst taking tea in the crypt beforehand, I had the pleasure of chatting with current Blues as well as Bruce Grindlay and Adrian Bawtree - the latter was somewhat inconvenienced when an elderly lady tipped scalding tea down the front of his trousers! His organ performance seemed unaffected, and he filled the vast Cathedral with a magnificent voluntary at the conclusion of the service.

Then on Tuesday, I went down to CH to meet Michelle, the new CHA manager. We had a delghtful chat before lunch (which I had in hall at the invitation of a member of staff), and then, trotting out to Grecians West, who should I bump into but our own Mrs C who happened to be on duty there at the time. I also met a number of pupils some of whom have contributed here from time to time - Josh, Rosa and Kirsty among others. What delightful people they are. :)

I have been reminded by Oliver that I must now be officially classed as "an Elderly Old Blue" - a phrase I unfortunately used about another on here. As an occasional contributer here, he saw it. I dont think I have ever been forgiven! David Kenworthy, if you are reading this, please accept me as the newest recruit to this distinguished fraternity.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

DavebytheSea wrote: Whilst taking tea in the crypt beforehand, I had the pleasure of chatting with current Blues as well as Bruce Grindlay and Adrian Bawtree - the latter was somewhat inconvenienced when an elderly lady tipped scalding tea down the front of his trousers! His organ performance seemed unaffected
Glad to hear it :lol:

Seriously, still catching up after a long weekend away, but belated happy birthday from me too.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75