Attention Kerren!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Attention Kerren!

Post by Angela Woodford »

Ages ago, I remember you expressed a longing for an Australian chocolate sippy-stick delicious thing!

Today in Sainsbury's, I spotted "Quick Milk Magic Sippers". Immediately, I wondered if they might be any sort of substitute for the Australian treat? They were like a straw filled with tiny chocolate balls through which one can slurp... any good? :tonqe:
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Re: Attention Kerren!

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Only just spotted this, Angela. Can't remember the name, but it was an Australian chocolate bar to which Caroline introduced us. In Oz you can stick it in coffee (I believe) and slurp the coffee through the shell. I discovered we can get them in Sainsburys - and after the second or third pack the novelty wore off! But you have whetted my appetite so next time I am in the store.......
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

The memory is a funny thing!

Were your original goodies called something like "Tim-Tams"? This is a recollection of a post about six years ago? :shock:
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Absolutely right (I think!). Thanks for the reminder!
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

They're rather like penguins, I believe - if you bite off opposite corners and dip one corner in, they act almost like a straw...the game, I believe, is to suck through the penguin/timtam for the longest - but if it breaks, you lose...
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Firstly, congratulations Josh :)

Secondly, yes, it's called a Tim Tam Slam (no idea why). It is such a waste if you are too slow and the Tim Tam disintegrates into an unpalatable mess at the bottom of the coffee.

xx
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Oh, and you bite off diagonally (diametrically?) opposite corners, and only take a little bite, or there won't be enough left to suck through.

The weather leading up to me heading off to UK with the Tim Tams was sooooooooooooo hot that the chocolate wouldn't have made it from the air conditioned supermarket to my car, but it did cool off a little on Maundy Thursday (my last chance to buy, as I flew out on Easter Saturday), and I managed to grab some packets between submitting a journal article and getting my hair cut. They and I (wearing a thin cotton shirt) arrived at Heathrow during a snow storm, and I later found packets in Tesco's or Sainsbury's costing less than I had paid for them here :shock: