One for Freaky and Co...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: One for Freaky and Co...

Post by J.R. »

Some quite interesting debate on this subject on 'Question Time' last night. (I do however, wish Marty's mate, Fiona Bruce wouldn't keep interupting so much though. She is worse than David Dumblebum used to be !!)

I must admit my views are softening, but if she is allowed back, she must face the music as regards any trial.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

J.R. wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:53 pm I must admit my views are softening, but if she is allowed back, she must face the music as regards any trial.
Of course, though I doubt she will be guilty of anything more than membership of a banned organisation. I am pretty sure that she would not have been in a position to carry out any overt terrorist or military action herself. She may perhaps have mistreated ISIS slaves but I doubt that there would be any way of proving that.

She also has a young child who is unlikely to be thriving in the conditions under which he is living now. For humanitarian reasons she and her child should be allowed back into the UK as soon as possible. Once here she can face any music there is to be faced. I would hope that Mr Javid would show some compassion and, if not, he should be prepared for the opprobrium that will be heaped upon him if her child dies, which is by no means beyond the realms of possibility given what she claims happened to her previous children. It is not something I would wish on my conscience.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

michael scuffil wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:53 am Grandchildren of people born in (any part of) Ireland are not automatically Irish citizens, but are eligible to apply. This is the point. British citizens who are 'eligible' for a foreign citizenship can be stripped of their British citizenship under certain limited circumstances. They don't actually have to be citizens of another country, and this is Javid's fallback in the present case.
Michael; I agree completely with your sentiment but this is an "in between" situatiom. If you are in accordance with the regulations (as Katharine and I are) then under current law they cannot refuse registration because the present law states categorically that she and I are Irish citizens. If, perchance, UK law changes and we do have our UK citizenship revoked then we do have an alternative.
THEN Katharine and I (and the rest of the claimed ten million) would start to have fun!!!! Many / most of us have pension funds in the UK which we would require to be transferred abroad tout-de-suite busting a few big financial companies. We are entitled to British pensions monthly - since Eire is not one of the names Commonwealth countries then they would be inflation adjusted. Of course we would let out our residences for indecent amounts, exporting the proceeds etc etc ad infinitum. Any delay and the courts are swamped with the ten million (or whatever the number is) so we could try to have murder trials put off for years!!! Yummee, yummee.

It could be, and I have heard various ideas, that Bangla law is different and that woman and her baby would not be granted citizenship. If the removal is indeed upheld then every Indian, Bangladeshi, Somali, Chinese etc etc beware. How far do they go back? Are they going to destroy the banking system (Barclays was mixed French Hugenot and Owen Glyndower, the scourge from Wales), the concept is Lombard of northern Italian.....! only joking)

Javid m i g h t have fallback under law. Expand that and Freaky's god might use it to decide to chuck out anyone who doesn't vote for him. It might not be immediate but can we trust these people who blow with the wind?
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

loringa wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:17 pm
J.R. wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:53 pm I must admit my views are softening, but if she is allowed back, she must face the music as regards any trial.
Of course, though I doubt she will be guilty of anything more than membership of a banned organisation. I am pretty sure that she would not have been in a position to carry out any overt terrorist or military action herself. She may perhaps have mistreated ISIS slaves but I doubt that there would be any way of proving that.
but with her declared belief she could well be in a position to ans more than willing to assist terrorists. That has to be the worry. A Fair Isle residence should avoid her causing problems here.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Okay, let's get real. There are worse fates than being sent to Ireland, and in any case there's a passport union with Ireland so you could just walk back to the UK.

The problem is second (and third...) generation 'immigrants' from anywhere else. I.e. people who were born here and never had to apply for British citizenship (but might unwittingly and unwillingly have their parents' citizenship too). And curiously all British-born Jews, who have an automatic right to become citizens of Israel. We have the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.

Personally I think that citizenship should never be revocable under any circumstances, because that is just a way for the country to wriggle out of its responsibilities and shove them off on to someone else. Though it should be voidable if obtained by false pretences.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

michael scuffil wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm Okay, let's get real. There are worse fates than being sent to Ireland, and in any case there's a passport union with Ireland so you could just walk back to the UK.

The problem is second (and third...) generation 'immigrants' from anywhere else. I.e. people who were born here and never had to apply for British citizenship (but might unwittingly and unwillingly have their parents' citizenship too). And curiously all British-born Jews, who have an automatic right to become citizens of Israel. We have the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.

Personally I think that citizenship should never be revocable under any circumstances, because that is just a way for the country to wriggle out of its responsibilities and shove them off on to someone else. Though it should be voidable if obtained by false pretences.
Whilst I agree with you in full (including our right to walk back in after having our nationality removed) another idea hit me. OK so it is ancient but so is the Leith Docks and Harbour Board. In the family to which I became attached it was the practice that all females would "come out" and all males would make their Oath of Allegience to the Sovereign. In such circumstances could such males be chucked out?

(OK Whilst it was promised, the practice ceased a few years before I was old enough though apparently they still have foreigners take the oath when they take British citizenship!)
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Just by the by: my son-in-law and his children (my grandchildren) recently became British citizens. No oaths required: the children are too young, and they are all Canadians anyway and thus deemed to be loyal to HM. (The children now have four nationalities. Until the Brexit idiocy, they didn't need to be British. Their German citizenship gave them a right of residence, and their Canadian citizenship gives them the right to vote (when they're old enough).
Th.B. 27 1955-63
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

michael scuffil wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:12 pm The children now have four nationalities. Until the Brexit idiocy, they didn't need to be British. Their German citizenship gave them a right of residence, and their Canadian citizenship gives them the right to vote (when they're old enough).
Michael; please excuse my hilarity (it is that "time of the month"). With four nationalities do they do eeenie, miney, miney, mo to decide which passport to us? I see that a valid UK passport might not be acceptable to visit even France after Brexit even with a pre-paid for visa - I haven't forgotten that we saved them from Hilter.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

J.R. wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:53 pm I do however, wish Marty's mate, Fiona Bruce wouldn't keep interupting so much though. She is worse than David Dumblebum used to be !!)
Sacrilege! :evil:
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Although I think the girl is utterly stupid and I'd rather she didn't ever set foot in the UK again, I don't think legally she can be prevented from returning from all the news reports I've read. But what hasn't really been mentioned (at least not publicly) is what USE she could be. She has after all spent 4 years living slap bang in the middle of an organisation bent on destroying the west. She is therefore a potential treasure trove of intelligence (not that she's displayed much intelligence thus far).
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

marty wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:06 pm But what hasn't really been mentioned (at least not publicly) is what USE she could be. She has after all spent 4 years living slap bang in the middle of an organisation bent on destroying the west. She is therefore a potential treasure trove of intelligence
Given their love of beheading women can you even think that they would be allowing her to live if they thought she has any knowledge of anything useful (*apart frpm supplyimg male moles)? Even in refugee camps they have supporters who would do the dirty if it were suggested
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

sejintenej wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:38 pm
marty wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:06 pm But what hasn't really been mentioned (at least not publicly) is what USE she could be. She has after all spent 4 years living slap bang in the middle of an organisation bent on destroying the west. She is therefore a potential treasure trove of intelligence
Given their love of beheading women can you even think that they would be allowing her to live if they thought she has any knowledge of anything useful (*apart frpm supplyimg male moles)? Even in refugee camps they have supporters who would do the dirty if it were suggested
She must know something. I don’t pretend to know what or that I have all (or indeed any of) the answers