The Fionna Bruce Show.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

The Fionna Bruce Show.

Post by J.R. »

Sorry Marty. but BBC'S 'Question Time' has become a vehicle for her own ego.

Talk about the number of her interupptions.

Bring back 'Dummblebum'.

Comments ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Pe.A
Deputy Grecian

Re: The Fionna Bruce Show.

Post by Pe.A »

J.R. wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 pm Sorry Marty. but BBC'S 'Question Time' has become a vehicle for her own ego.

Talk about the number of her interupptions.

Bring back 'Dummblebum'.

Comments ?
Can't beat Dimbles...
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Firstly JR, it's Fiona. Not Fionna. How dare you sully her name.
Secondly, no no no. Just plain wrong.

My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

My apologies Marty.

Andrew Neill has already quit 'This Week' which has been axed after it's present run.

A sign of turbulent times ahead, me thinks.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Agree she’s terrible. She seems to interject with her own views, rather than moderate the programme.
Bumblebee used to interject with a factual correction, very effectively, but it was sparing and added value.

Hopefully someone else will take the reins at some point....
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jtaylor wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:26 pm Agree she’s terrible. She seems to interject with her own views, rather than moderate the programme.
Bumblebee used to interject with a factual correction, very effectively, but it was sparing and added value.

Hopefully someone else will take the reins at some point....
I think you may have just upset Marty !!!!!
AMP
Deputy Grecian

Post by AMP »

She seems to crave audience approval.

Now at the level of a school debating society.

After the awfully moderated Leaders's debate with Emily Maitliss, am thinking license fee payers are not getting value for money with these overated celebs.
Otter
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Otter »

I haven't seen QT since Fiona took over, but I can recount meeting her once.

In 2011, I volunteered as a steward for an episode of Antiques Roadshow that was being filmed locally.

She was extremely nice, to the extent that she remembered everyone's name (there were about 30 of us local volunteers) quite easily, despite only meeting us for about 10 minutes. During breaks in filming, she would come up to us randomly and unprompted throughout the day, addressing us effortlessly by name and checking that we were OK, and personally offering and bringing us a snack or drink.

Some of the production crew and senior behind-the-scenes people were some of the most unpleasant people I have ever met, with a massive God complex. Treating "little people" the way in which bad eggs treat waiters, cleaning staff or animals. They snapped at people for the hell of it, never said please or thank you, didn't acknowledge you, etc. Once I had to ask one of the senior crew where the head steward was - this was not a one-off volunteer, but a salaried, full-time member of the team who went to every show and worked with the bosses on a daily basis several months a year. I asked for this head steward by name and the boss person didn't even know who she was, despite having worked with her for 5 years.

Maybe Fiona isn't a good QT host, I can't judge having not seen it since the Dimbleby days (I have a young child now and am totally shattered by that time of night). But at least in 2011 she was a genuinely good person who did not take her status to heart and treated lower-hierarchy people with full respect and courtesy. I judge people by how they treat animals and how they treat people in so-called menial jobs, and Fiona passed this test for me with flying colours.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Thanks Otter. Ya boo sucks to Julian.
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.