Proposed gathering at Hertford Museum - 4/5 April 08

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Re: Proposed gathering at Hertford Museum - 4/5 April 08

Post by kerrensimmonds »

OK folks.
How about Saturday August 2nd, or Saturday June 28th?
Given work etc. commitments, these seem the most likely for me. Could you join us on one or the other?
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
scatty
2nd Former

Post by scatty »

HI
Think I would be interested in returning in August and probably Clare and Bev would too as we talked of getting together again in a few months. Message for Hilary please do not feel bad about the pocket sewing I made some juniors clean my shoes when I was in UVI!!
Kathy
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

See the posting elsewhere on this thread, by Helen, the Museum Curator. The exhibition closes on 9 August (I'd thought it was the end of August.. got that wrong!).
I might go up on 2nd, if I can find a cheap Travelodge.
Kerren Simmonds
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Whilst pretty new to the forum and not from the same era as many of you, I really have enjoyed the last couple of weeks and really regret not being able to get there on 5th April, so I'd really love to meet up on 2nd Aug, what's the proposed plan for organising it? (Anyone experiencing a flash of the old déjà vu?!? :lol: )
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

AArrghh.. don't know about 'organising' anything - especially not like last weekend, which went like clockwork and catered for a lot of people due to Caroline's superlative organisational skills, and her energy and enthusiasm for the job in hand.
But if I declare that I am DEFINITELY going on 2 August - and will be at the Museum from 11.00, then if others want to pitch up on the same day I am happy to log it all and to meet up/join people for lunch whatever. And as it's a Saturday the same inaccessibility of of our Boarding Houses will probably apply, but if there are enough people interested I would be prepared to talk again to the Warden in the Sheltered Housing (Dining Hall and School Hall) to see if, again, she would be prepared to allow people to visit and to meet with/talk to Mrs. Humphries, former wardrobe mistress, who is now a resident?
The reason I want to go to Hertford again is that last weekend was so busy, and there were so many people around, that I did not get a chance to look at all aspects of the exhibition so I am hoping to be free enough on 2 August to spend a couple of hours just quietly looking and listening.
So - is there anyone else up for meeting up in Hertford on 2 August?
(and as I shall have to have my little dog with me again, it might be helpful if there was someone prepared to take her onto the Meads for a walk.... she had a wonderful time there last weekend..........I think members of the Forum know that I am so 'crocked up' that I can no longer walk her properly. Any offers?!)
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

I'd be up for 2nd August Kerren, and I'd be happy to walk your dog sometime during the day. But this time, I must give myself time to have a proper look at the exhibition, otherwise it'll be the same problem over again - and no more chances left! Maybe I'll pop over on my own in between times and have a good look then. My mum might be interested too whereas I wouldn't want to bring her along to a reunion where I just spent the day nattering with old friends.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Thanks, Jo! And it would be good to see you again after last weekend. I think I had better start writing some of this down.. there are others who have PM'd me re. a wish to meet on 2 August. Perhaps I should start another thread....
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
nastymum
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by nastymum »

I would like to see the exhibition and so would my mother. My children would not like to see it but I am going to make them (I am not called nastymum for nothing, obviously). So I will go on the 2nd of August and take a chance on how it turns out .
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Looks as if this is taking off!
I will book myself into a hotel for the Saturday night (I can't get up and down in one day) and will aim to be at the Museum for 11.00 on the Saturday morning. It would be good to see as many others as wish to come that day - I'll start a new thread called 'follow-up visit on 2 August', for people to say whether or not they want to come and if so wheher they would like to meet up for e.g. lunch, and if they would like to visit Chauncy Court (Dining Hall and School Hall).
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds