Monitoresses

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

jazzlegs
2nd Former

Monitoresses

Post by jazzlegs »

I am trying to list all the girls who were Monitoresses in the last year at Hertford i.e. those who finished their schooling when the School closed.

Also, who out of those who transferred to Horsham become monitors?

Can anyone help?

:D
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Monitoresses

Post by J.R. »

jazzlegs.

I moved your post to the Hertford secton as it will probably gain a larger viewing audience here.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I seem to remember that there is a board in the corridor between the Court Room and Dining Hall, listing the names of the last group of girls to leave Horsham, who started their education at Hertford.
I dont know if the last group of Mons. at Hertford has been recorded anywhere.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

I should know who they were but I really can't remember :? Will have a think about it.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

kerrensimmonds wrote:I seem to remember that there is a board in the corridor between the Court Room and Dining Hall, listing the names of the last group of girls to leave Horsham, who started their education at Hertford.
I dont know if the last group of Mons. at Hertford has been recorded anywhere.
Those boards, if I recall correctly, are just the various prizewinners, so wouldn't necessarily include everyone. However, the infamous "Mons' Boards" that I spent so long searching for at the last OB Day should contain the information. Mons were actually abolished in 1974 and it appears that all UVI were included on the boards after that. I can (thanks to Kerren's help on OB Day) tell you that 5's and 6's Mons Boards are in Barnes A, and I guess the others are in other girls' houses - shouldn't be too difficult to find them I would think.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

No, Jo.. opposite wall in that corridor.
The prize winners boards going back to the year dot from Hertford are on the left hand wall as you go in the front door. The list of names to which I was referring are on the right hand wall, between the two sets of doors into the Court Room.
The mons boards from the Hertford Houses are in Barnes A, Barnes B, Coleridge A and Coleridge B.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Ah, I either hadn't noticed, or had forgotten about that one. Easier than trekking round the houses, I guess :)
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
jazzlegs
2nd Former

Post by jazzlegs »

Thanks to you all for the suggestions - I will see if I can find the boards. :)