Shelagh Regester

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Shelagh Regester

Post by Alexandra Thrift »

Very sad to report that Shelagh Regester ( Fours, Hertford 1966 intake) died last week after a three year illness ( cancer).
I can only remember what a kind friend she was and how funny. RIP dear friend.Her funeral is next Tuesday but I'm not sure where.
su523
2nd Former

Re: Shelagh Regester

Post by su523 »

So sorry to hear this news. I hadn't seen Shelagh since we left school but I'm remembering parties at her parents' house (somewhere near Beckenham?) in the holidays.
She said once that her parents had called her Shelagh and her brother Graham, thinking that they were names that could not be shortened. So much for that!
It's difficult to accept that the world no longer contains

Su
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I see this is also being discussed on the CH Stuff Forum.

Perhaps a thread merge ??

I'll leave to the Ladies.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

If I come to the forum, I come straight to the Hertford bit...hardly ever go over there but thanks for letting us know. It's nice for the Hertford posters to immediately find stuff relevant to their schooldays.

Telegraph obits give details of Shelagh's Funeral next Tuesday.
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

I am confused - I thought Shelagh was in 2s. Who was the girl with different colored eyes in 2s then?? Nicknamed 'Tubby', I think??
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Shelagh started at C.H. in 1966. She was in House Four during all her time at the school.One of her good friends in Fours was Julie Stones. Bessie ( Miss Summers) was the Housemistress at that time. She did not have different colour eyes and she was never known as " Tubby". There is no confusion.
MaryB
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by MaryB »

I was at Guildford Crematorium for a funeral last week and on the table in the vestry there was a copy of the service order for Shelagh's funeral. On the cover was a lovely photograph of her looking beautiful, poised and confident. I don't remember her except as a name, and to be honest the photo didn't ring any bells, but it was a fine memorial to her.
Mary Bowden (Gaskell)
5.10, 3.6: 64-71