My first enovel.I went to Hertford.

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

storyteller
2nd Former

My first enovel.I went to Hertford.

Post by storyteller »

Not sure it is OK to give the name of the enovel here. But it is on the business site. Many will recognise places and happenings BUT it is fiction. It is trying to say something about growing up and that numb feeling. Only the first part is Harriet's school days.
Angela Pratt
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: My first enovel.I went to Hertford.

Post by Angela Pratt »

Great to hear from you Sarah, not many of our "8's" on this or Facebook.
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

I guess it is not going to be accessible to those of us who don't use e-readers? Good to see someone else on here of our vintage!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
storyteller
2nd Former

Post by storyteller »

Hello Angela and Frances
It is blatantly trying to get people to give my novel a go. We're all going to have to pay our care home fees somehow! I'm afraid it is only an ebook as I self published and it costs a lot more to set it up as a print book. I got my son to contact his generation of Old Blues to see if they'll give it a go. He was there when the girls arrived.
I met a few younger ones at a lunch recently. What was so interesting was that easy feeling of ?sisterhood that was the product of the shared experience.
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Would that be Frank? I remember meeting you on an Old Blues' Day at Horsham and finding ourselves stuck behind a crowd at the bar in the Grecians'Club - you yelled over the heads of the crowd to your son who was serving behind the bar, and two drinks appeared as if by magic! I also remember you from the 1st CH Guide company in Hertford - apparently one of the few things I was any good at in those days. What a pity I don't have access to an e-reader. We do still keep up the Guiding/Scouting tradition though - my granddaughter has just been enrolled in the Sea Scouts in Finland - the fourth generation in our family!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Hi Sarah, you won't remember me as I was junior to you and in 6s. I've bought the book and started reading it this morning while waiting for a bus! The Miss Gamble figure in the Headmistress' anteroom took me right back. I've told the story here before, that in my last term in the SVI, I was a DR's Mon, and saw a fair bit of her, but was still taken aback when I got an interview at Oxford and she told me not to smile so much when I was there , because I smiled too much!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
storyteller
2nd Former

Post by storyteller »

Katherine I do remember the name, but not sure of the face. Hope you enjoy the rest. Miss Gamble indeed!
storyteller
2nd Former

Post by storyteller »

Frances, Yes that was my son. He has been fighting a brain tumour for the last5 years. Still working and still walking, though the latter with a limp. You can download an app for kindle to your computer, I think. I just had my sisters Aussie son here sorting all my electronics out and making them all do what they should.