ordering house shirts for the uniform

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

expatmom
2nd Former

ordering house shirts for the uniform

Post by expatmom »

Hi All,

This is my first post ! We are a new family starting in September and will be moving from California, USA.
Can anyone help me with how we purchase the house shirts please? I ordered all the PE kit for my son (yr 8 )and daughter (yr 10) but there was nothing on the order forms regarding the house shirts. Can you tell me where we get these from this year please? Broadbridges in Horsham no longer sell them. Also do the blue sports socks need to be crested? Any ideas of the best place to get these and navy tracksuit bottoms? Cannot find any over here.

Cannot wait to meet lots of new people and have the kids go to CH. Hoping to make some new friends in the area as I grew up in Horsham but have lived in Cal for the last 15 years. If anyone is interested in meeting up some time when school is back in that would be great. This is a dream come true for us and we are really looking forward to everything CH has to offer.

Many thanks,

Lisa

Just found out where to get the house shirts from at school. Thanks for the help and responses.
Last edited by expatmom on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: ordering house shirts for the uniform

Post by pinkhebe »

Hi!

You might get more responses on the parents forum, I'm not sure if this can be moved?

House shirts, not sure as I have yet to buy mine, I think that if you contact the housemaster/mistress they should be able to tell you.
I have just bought plain blue football socks (mother is busy sewing name lables and tags onto them :lol: )
If it's the plain blue tracksuit bottoms you want, as opposed to the crested track suit, you will find that most supermarkets/primark will sell them. Will you have much time to shop before school starts or are you after mail order?

Finally welcome, pop over onto the parents board and you will find that everyone is very helpful.

Helen

ps I have a son going into peele B,
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

pinkhebe wrote:Hi!

You might get more responses on the parents forum, I'm not sure if this can be moved ?

House shirts, not sure as I have yet to buy mine, I think that if you contact the housemaster/mistress they should be able to tell you.
I have just bought plain blue football socks (mother is busy sewing name lables and tags onto them :lol: )
If it's the plain blue tracksuit bottoms you want, as opposed to the crested track suit, you will find that most supermarkets/primark will sell them. Will you have much time to shop before school starts or are you after mail order?

Finally welcome, pop over onto the parents board and you will find that everyone is very helpful.

Helen

ps I have a son going into peele B,

Yes it can, and I have done so !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

:wink: Thanks John
expatmom
2nd Former

Post by expatmom »

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your response. We arrive back into Uk in a couple of weeks so hopefully I have some time to get extra items . I will be busy sewing labels into two uniforms so wish me luck on that one! :)

Hope to meet you some time at school! My kids daughter is in Barnes A and son in Lamb A

Lisa
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Welcome to the forum and to CH!!

The house shirts are bought through the houses so the house parents or the matrons should be able to help you.

I hope you find some local parents- I am 3 hours away I'm afraid.

Liz :)
Chris Blewett
Deputy Grecian

Post by Chris Blewett »

expatmom wrote:Hi Helen,

Thanks for your response. We arrive back into Uk in a couple of weeks so hopefully I have some time to get extra items . I will be busy sewing labels into two uniforms so wish me luck on that one! :)

Hope to meet you some time at school! My kids daughter is in Barnes A and son in Lamb A

Lisa
Welcome to the Forum......strangely I have just come across some clothes that STILL have my housey name tags in them and then I read this!!! Spooky!
LHB, Th A 1968-Xmas 73
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Can someone please confirm that I get the house rugby shirt via the house? I have emailed housemaster/matron but it's the hoildays and they're probably away. Will I be able to get it at the beginning of term?

Thank you :D
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

pinkhebe wrote:Can someone please confirm that I get the house rugby shirt via the house? I have emailed housemaster/matron but it's the hoildays and they're probably away. Will I be able to get it at the beginning of term?

Thank you :D
These are actually now supplied through the Thrift Shop which is always open on the first day of term. If you'd like the contact details of the lovely lady who runs it, as she may be able to supply you with what you need before the beginning of term, PM me.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Is the shop open on the first day for the second formers (wed 7th)? or just the first day of term (Sun 5th)?
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

pinkhebe wrote:Is the shop open on the first day for the second formers (wed 7th)? or just the first day of term (Sun 5th)?
Both days!