jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Barnes B 1956 to 1957

Post by jtaylor »

Posted on behalf of David Robinson, Barnes B '51-'58

Barnes B 1956-1957

(click on image for bigger version)

Back Row (L to R)
E.A.Mills, D.K.Bowen, D.Farrah, R.F.G.Flashman, A.R.Lloyd, A.G.Dewhurst, P.M.Hall, Burden, P.J

4th Row
V.C.Roberts, A.D.T.Trew, P.C.Robins, B.D.Gibb, M.Pritchett, J.C.Curtis, B.P.Connelley, M.G.Dunham, N.M.Skinner, D.H.Lee, J.H.Hawes-Hart, J.P.K.Tillett

3rd Row
B.Pell, P.Chapman, P.G.Robins, P.G.Pugh-Cook, F.M.Sharkey, I.D.Edgley, G.B.H.Stearn, J.H.Steward, D.W.Russell, D.N.Ledeboer, ?.??, M.J.Lancefield, K.J.Battarbee, M.J.R.Weeks

2nd Row
M.J.Coupe, R.H.Smith, C.Jordan, K.M.Brown, Miss E.M.Watts, Mr. M.T.Cherniavsky, Mr. P.A.A.Cullen, R.C.G.Rowe, D.P.Robinson, R.E.Hildrew, P.A.Goodwin

Front Row
P N Ledeboer, C J Jones, ?.??, C.A.Perdue, M.J.Hillard, Roger Lamb, ?.??, ?.??, I.N.B Bremner (?)
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: Barnes B 1956 to 1957

Post by jhopgood »

Front row from the left

P N Ledeboer, C J Jones (now at the CH Museum, so he will know everyone).
Next to Hilliard is Roger Lamb
I'll think about the rest who were a few years above me.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Third from left, front row, is Howard F. Williams, who was later transferred (briefly) to Thornton B.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

You may be sad to know that I have just received the obituary on Clive Perdue, middle of the front row.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
horndub
2nd Former

Post by horndub »

I had better own-up to having only just joined the forum. My user name 'horndub' relates to one of my hobbies, that of collecting Hornby Dublo trains, made by Meccano Ltd. between 1938 and 1964. Another hobby is running and maintaining a 1952 Riley 2½ litre saloon, with another, a 1½ litre saloon which I am working on, when I get time. After a working lifetime in laboratory work and quality assurance my business now is restoration of customers' Rileys, with two of them on the go at present. I shall probably not take on any more at this late stage as they can take up to five years, depending on the owners' preferred rate of expenditure.

I think I can fill in some missing names in the house photo of 1956-57:

In the middle row between DN Ledeboer and MJ Lancefield is Jeremy Lea.
In the front row is PS, (not PN) Ledeboer, and next to him is not Clifford Jones but Andrew Stillman who was tragically killed in a road accident in Kenya in the 1960s. Next to him is Howard Williams, and at the other end of the row between me and Iain Bremner are Michael Phelps and John Lee. John sadly passed away from natural causes in about 2003.

In the front row middle is Michael Hillard, with whom I got on very well; I lost touch with him a long time ago, and would like to get back in touch if anyone knows where to find him. I recall he lived in the Oxshott area of Surrey.

Roger Lamb, BB 1955-61. Beckenham, Kent. rmglamb@gmail.com
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Roger, Welcome.
I owe you a beer in Bromley.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
horndub
2nd Former

Post by horndub »

John, next time you're in England and can get to Bromley we'll go for that beer. If you chance to be around on Sunday 20 September there is a Morris Minor meeting in the Medway towns - Gillingham I think - where we are certain to meet Graham Major, BB 56-62

Rog.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Morris Minor and Graham Major :?:

Sounds like 'Tom Brown's Schooldays' to me !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

J.R. wrote:Morris Minor and Graham Major :?:

Sounds like 'Tom Brown's Schooldays' to me !
Roger and Graham are probably contemporaries of JR, and were both at an Old Blues Day a few years ago.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

It's so strange how actual names seem to disappear back into the dark recesses of the ones brain, John, especially as age creeps on :!:

Of course, we never really used Christian names at school in our day. Faces are different. Sometimes when I look at house photo's on here, I'll see a face and a name will instantly come flooding back.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.