Hertford and girls from the 70s

Photos from Hertford

Moderator: Moderators

Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Re: Hertford and girls from the 70s

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

fra828 wrote:
Kim2s70-77 wrote:I have a TERRIBLE memory for names, but - for the 1977 one - starting at the back row on th left:

Sally Knatchbull-Hugessen; ?Sally Ashenden?; ?????; Becky Ripley; Esther Polonezer; ??Jenny?????;??Caroline????:Felicity??; Barbara Jones; Kate Donovan; Magdalen Mothersole
Middle row L-R:
Carol Breadmore; Hilary?; ????: Jane ?Roscrow?; Liz Biddulph; Kim Langdon; Rachel ??; Lynn Ford; Cathy?: Claire Gathard
Front row L-R:
Sarah Tilley; Amanda Froshaug; Pauline Gaved; Melanie Newbury; Miss Tucker; ?Hilary?; Leda Trotman; Maureen Connor; ?Charlotte Lycett?
Kim, Is it Felicity Burchill, who was 3yrs below me in 8's? Caroline?? Have been racking my brains! , as she was also in 8's and I just cannot come up her surname, could it have been Wyeth? Was Barbara's twin Wendy not in photo?

No - Felicity Chandler, I think - from 3's. Felicity Burchill left earlier than UVIth, as did Barbara's twin, Wendy. I think Wendy left after 'o' levels. I think the Caroline was Meneer? There were 2 Hilarys - one was Jones and the other something like ?Monsour? (I'm thinking 'monster' - but I know that's wrong!!) I am in awe of Jo's recall!!
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Revised labelling for the 1977 Upper VIth photo..... There are 2 I definitely do not remember.

Sally Knatchbull-Hugessen; Sally Ashenden; ??Mary ???; Becky Ripley; Esther Polonezer; Jenny Moss; Caroline Meneer: Felicity Chandler; Barbara Jones; Kate Donovan; Magdalen Mothersole
Middle row L-R:
Carol Breadmore; Hilary M? ; ?? Girl in 7's, I think??: Jane Roscrow; Liz Biddulph; Kim Langdon; Rachel Shepheard-Walwyn; Lynn Ford; Cathy?? : Claire Gathard
Front row L-R:
Sarah Tilley; Amanda Froshaug; Pauline Gaved; Melanie Newbury; Miss Tucker; Hilary Jones; Leda Trotman; Maureen Connor; Charlotte Lycett

When did Freya Pinsent leave?
fra828
Grecian

Post by fra828 »

Yes that's it, Caroline Meneer, thanks Kim! There was Hilary Monsell, affectionate nickname- monster!, in my year, so she would have left by 1977.
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Hilary Moore! I just saw Jo's pic of the 1974 Mons and there was a 'Lesley Moore' - an older sister, I believe - and it jogged my aging memory! Still don't remember who's standing next to her, though!
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

http://photobucket.com/Kim2s70-77

Just found another St Matthew's Day pic
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I remember so many of the names of those "little girls". New the year I left! :oops: :oops: :cry:
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

http://photobucket.com/Kim2s70-77

Added a few more old pictures - some blurry and over-exposed - but nonetheless nostalgic!
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Kim2s70-77 wrote:http://photobucket.com/Kim2s70-77

some blurry and over-exposed
You can't do anything about the blurry ones, but the ones you call 'over-exposed' (I think from the look of them that actually you've scanned faded prints) could certainly be restored to a certain extent if they're important to you.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
sport!
Deputy Grecian

Post by sport! »

Kim2s70-77 wrote:http://photobucket.com/Kim2s70-77

Added a few more old pictures - some blurry and over-exposed - but nonetheless nostalgic!
I know it's a Hertford thread, but I spy Rob Fabbri and Chris Burns in the St Matthews parade photo.
BaB, ColB 1973-80